Recycle rip-off !

Air all your daily pleasures and solve the World's problems over a cuppa of your favourite beverage.
Please note, no alcohol until after midday!

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Recycle rip-off !

Post by terra » 07 Dec 2017, 15:56

Yeah !.... the bastards have jacked up the price of anything that comes in a plastic or glass bottle, including drink cans.
On average, the increase has been around 13 to 15 cents per can or bottle. My cheap no-frills brand bottle of soda water has jumped from 75 cents to 89 cents per bottle.
My favourite 30 can block of Tooheys Draught beer has gone from $50 to $57 per carton.

But..... there' no recycle return centre within 100 klms from where I live.... and from what i've heard, there's massive problems with them. These return machines are breaking down, running out of money and long queues.
You cannot crush beers cans to save space in your bag.... the bar code must be read by the machine to enable your refund.
So..... if I wan't to return say, 100 empty cans, I need two large, large bags to carry them, a 100 klm drive to get there. Factor in my time, energy and petrol costs, and I'm out of pocket.

WHY are they increasing the cost of each can by 15 cents when we only get 10 cents back ???

answers required on this disgraceful rip-off !

Grrrrrr bloody grrrrrr
:kiss_my_bum: :kiss_my_bum: :kiss_my_bum: :kiss_my_bum: :angry: :angry: :angry: :dooooooh: :dooooooh:
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: Recycle rip-off !

Post by Perrorist » 07 Dec 2017, 17:51

Another example of this government's incompetence. The levy shouldn't have been introduced until the recycling depots had been established first. I'm very much in favour of recycling, but you have to wonder how people will feel about recycling after this fiasco.

Biggdad
Gold Member

Post by Biggdad » 07 Dec 2017, 22:00

No one in a wheel chair can operate the return machine!!!!!! :character-oldtimer: :flaming_mad :hitting_wall :oops

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 14 Dec 2017, 13:08

Been away for a few weeks,so this one is a surprise. Where do I find one of these wonderful machines?
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 14 Dec 2017, 13:47

Slapsy wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 13:08
Been away for a few weeks,so this one is a surprise. Where do I find one of these wonderful machines?
With difficulty. We have only one in our neighbourhood.

Biggdad
Gold Member

Post by Biggdad » 14 Dec 2017, 15:27

Here is the NO HELP AT ALL sight for the area where the recycling machines are( or are not) :character-oldtimer: :flaming_mad :hitting_wall

https://www.envirobank.com.au/about-us/rvm/