there is no god

Air all your daily pleasures and solve the World's problems over a cuppa of your favourite beverage.
Please note, no alcohol until after midday!

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Re: there is no god

Post by Dreamweaver » 03 Feb 2018, 10:01

Religion and politics can be very contentious topics, both arousing emotional responses.
On the other hand, both can make you think! :lol:
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 03 Feb 2018, 10:19

There is religion that has no God - civil religion. It has places,practices, symbols, myths, rituals, and consecrated spaces and times that serve to unite different individuals into a whole society. Colin Kaepernick was the quarterback in a national football team in 2016 when he remained seated during the singing of the national anthem at the beginning of a game in protest of injustices against Black Americans. “I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.” In conversation with a veteran who interpreted his act as disrespectful to those who defend the country, Kaepernick later chose to kneel in subsequent protests, an act in keeping with his Christian convictions. As a result of his actions, Kaepernick has been vilified by many as unpatriotic and for inappropriately bringing politics into sports. He was not chosen by any team during the 2017 draft season as a result of his protests. He has received death threats, been the target of racial slurs, "accused" of being a Muslim, and maligned by President Trump.
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 03 Feb 2018, 10:41

Conformity is fear-driven.