there is no god

Air all your daily pleasures and solve the World's problems over a cuppa of your favourite beverage.
Please note, no alcohol until after midday!

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Post Reply
User avatar
Dreamweaver
Global Moderator
Posts: 9050
Joined: 16 Sep 2005, 15:46
Location: Victoria

Re: there is no god

Post by Dreamweaver » 29 Jan 2018, 18:26

Biggdad wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 10:15
My thinking:
TO EACH HIS OWN!
People find comfort in their own beliefs>> Don't Knock them.

A question I've asked before: Cain went to the land of NOD & came back with a wife? Who was her father, if there were only ADAM & EVE & CAIN, when CAIN was sent to NOD? :hitting_wall :text-thankyou:
Went to the land of Nod and had sex with his wife. Some say he took his sister with him as wife, and they all lived for hundreds of years anyway. Or perhaps he hooked up with a giantess? But it's all just stories, I don't know who would bother their head about it. :lol:
I dream, therefore I am.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member
Posts: 2016
Joined: 26 Feb 2016, 20:32

Re: there is no god

Post by mavisbramston » 30 Jan 2018, 10:28

Perroist I appreciate the nudge and trust me I am working on it. I have great trouble getting past what I see as trying to tolerate the intolerant. Religious groups often have little or no tolerance of minorities. Also as one who had his businesses in the past I resent the the fact they do not pay taxes while we struggled.
I believe we have entered a stage where we are told that criticising religion is a no go area. Yet they waste no time in condemning everything from gay marriage to abortion. Their voices are loud and clear.
They dish it out constantly with hate venom and extraordinary ignorance.
I say give them what they give everyone else. HELL.

User avatar
Slapsy
Posts: 1041
Joined: 26 Feb 2016, 08:39
Location: South Coast NSW

Re: there is no god

Post by Slapsy » 30 Jan 2018, 12:18

Is there a better example of the dangers of talking about religion?
I am not religious,but my wife is. We have an arrangement,if she doesn't encourage me to attend her church,I won't try to get her to my bowling club. :lol: :lol: :nahnahnah
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

User avatar
Biggdad
Gold Member
Posts: 3956
Joined: 06 Jul 2013, 17:23
Location: Sydney West.

Re: there is no god

Post by Biggdad » 30 Jan 2018, 15:01

Slapsy wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 12:18
Is there a better example of the dangers of talking about religion?
I am not religious,but my wife is. We have an arrangement,if she doesn't encourage me to attend her church,I won't try to get her to my bowling club. :lol: :lol: :nahnahnah
So slapsy: the wifes not allowed to play with your Balls(OOP BOWLS) :oops :heeheehee :heeheehee :heeheehee :heeheehee

:heeheehee :heeheehee INTERESTING!

User avatar
grandduke
Diamond Member
Posts: 11188
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 20:13
Location: 1770 Agnes Water Central Queensland

Re: there is no god

Post by grandduke » 30 Jan 2018, 18:33

:heeheehee :heeheehee :heeheehee :heeheehee :character-oldtimer:
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

User avatar
Slapsy
Posts: 1041
Joined: 26 Feb 2016, 08:39
Location: South Coast NSW

Re: there is no god

Post by Slapsy » 30 Jan 2018, 21:03

Good one BigG. =D= =D= \:D/
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

User avatar
terra
Silver Member
Posts: 3033
Joined: 06 Jul 2013, 15:37
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Re: there is no god

Post by terra » 31 Jan 2018, 10:11

As a true non believer in god, I'd like to join this thread.
In a court of law, nothing is considered without cold hard evidence or video footage. Heresay is not considered as proof that something happened or ever existed.
So....
I'm asking, where is the evidence that God is real ?
Christians get upset at comments such as mine but are still unable to provide the evidence.
Not helped at all such as sayings like, "an act of God".

An act of God is a natural catastrophe which no one can prevent such as an earthquake, a tidal wave, a volcanic eruption, a hurricane or a tornado. An act of God is generally considered an act attributable to nature without human interference.
Acts of God have legal significance because "acts of God" are a legal excuse for delay or failure to fulfill an obligation or to complete a construction project. Many insurance policies don't cover damage caused by acts of God. At times disputes arise as to whether a violent storm or other disaster was an act of God (and therefore exempt from a claim) or a foreseeable natural event.


Here's a ridiculous but funny view of, "an act of god",
the movie, "the man who sued god", starring Billy Connolly.
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&sour ... fX9qJRWjex

OK..... I've had my say, now I'm getting ready to cop a hiding from the believers !
:heeheehee
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

User avatar
Buck_naked
Emerald Member
Posts: 6182
Joined: 08 Jul 2013, 18:47
Location: potting shed

Re: there is no god

Post by Buck_naked » 31 Jan 2018, 14:29

Blind freddy could see that its a scam. it's been going for thousands of years in one form or another.
People are gullible fools, there is one born every second.

User avatar
Warrigal
Emerald Member
Posts: 6756
Joined: 06 Jul 2013, 16:44
Location: Sydney

Re: there is no god

Post by Warrigal » 31 Jan 2018, 16:40

Biggdad wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 10:15
My thinking:
TO EACH HIS OWN!
People find comfort in their own beliefs>> Don't Knock them.

A question I've asked before: Cain went to the land of NOD & came back with a wife? Who was her father, if there were only ADAM & EVE & CAIN, when CAIN was sent to NOD? :hitting_wall :text-thankyou:
You make the same mistake as all the other Biblical fundamentalists.
You are not reading history - it is a mythical account of the origins of the Jewish tribes.
If you don't have an ASIO file by now then you should be ashamed of yourself.

User avatar
Warrigal
Emerald Member
Posts: 6756
Joined: 06 Jul 2013, 16:44
Location: Sydney

Re: there is no god

Post by Warrigal » 31 Jan 2018, 16:48

mavisbramston wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 17:08
Why do we have to respect people who are quite simply stupid. They actually believe in sky fairies and invisible friends Its not only stupid its a bastard religion full of hate. Condems gays, women and other minorities. If you dont believe you will be punished. How arrogant. It condones oppression and slavery.
Respect them ...no bloody way. Frankly what a pity they were not finished off in the arena.
Hmmn... The epiphany you had during/after the same sex marriage survey doesn't seem to have lasted very long.
You are back to a blanket derision for all people of faith.
And you make sweeping assumptions about their beliefs and actions.
Your position is unreasonable, as in formed without due reasoning.
Last edited by Warrigal on 01 Feb 2018, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't have an ASIO file by now then you should be ashamed of yourself.

User avatar
grandduke
Diamond Member
Posts: 11188
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 20:13
Location: 1770 Agnes Water Central Queensland

Re: there is no god

Post by grandduke » 31 Jan 2018, 22:43

News flash, God has nothing to do with humanity (the physical) but Karma does
and you write your own script, now figure that one out. :heeheehee :heeheehee
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

User avatar
Biggdad
Gold Member
Posts: 3956
Joined: 06 Jul 2013, 17:23
Location: Sydney West.

Re: there is no god

Post by Biggdad » 01 Feb 2018, 06:16

Warrigal wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 16:40
Biggdad wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 10:15
My thinking:
TO EACH HIS OWN!
People find comfort in their own beliefs>> Don't Knock them.

A question I've asked before: Cain went to the land of NOD & came back with a wife? Who was her father, if there were only ADAM & EVE & CAIN, when CAIN was sent to NOD? :hitting_wall :text-thankyou:
You make the same mistake as all the other Biblical fundamentalists.
You are not reading history - it is a mythical account of the origins of the Jewish tribes.
Warri: The mistake I made was listening to the DE LA SALLE BROTHERS, @ Oakhill college for five years! :yeah_right

User avatar
kfchugo
Bronze Member
Posts: 1478
Joined: 11 May 2015, 19:03
Location: Lake Macquarie NSW

Re: there is no god

Post by kfchugo » 01 Feb 2018, 07:20

As we start out in life, we believe in santa clause, the tooth fairy, easter bunny, bogey man etc., etc. because we are TOLD about them. As we age and mature, we realise that these things dont exist and it is natural that we come to question other beliefs that we are TOLD of during our lives. Is God any more real than the easter bunny? - I have never met either. For many, the belief in God stems from a failure to understand - we dont know the meaning of life or the creation of the universe, so God must have done it. There is no "word of God"........ all we have is the words of men claiming to speak on Gods behalf - not much of a God if he cant even tell us his wishes directly.
Our beliefs are intensely personal and we each believe what we CHOOSE to believe - I dont criticise or denigrate the beliefs of others, I merely express my own along with the intense desire to be WRONG. :text-thankyou:

User avatar
terra
Silver Member
Posts: 3033
Joined: 06 Jul 2013, 15:37
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Re: there is no god

Post by terra » 01 Feb 2018, 08:41

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

User avatar
Dreamweaver
Global Moderator
Posts: 9050
Joined: 16 Sep 2005, 15:46
Location: Victoria

Re: there is no god

Post by Dreamweaver » 01 Feb 2018, 09:29

Well said, Hugo. The problem comes when people try to push their beliefs on others, and those beliefs can range all the way from many different concepts of who or what God is, to the firm belief there is no God. We can only really know that we are all ignorant, and be willing to keep open minds. Imho :lol:
I dream, therefore I am.

Post Reply