energy -coal or renewable

Air all your daily pleasures and solve the World's problems over a cuppa of your favourite beverage.
Please note, no alcohol until after midday!

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Re: energy -coal or renewable

Post by Dreamweaver » 05 Nov 2017, 20:43

Solar cold fusion?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crAgssqpgQQ

Read it properly, silly woman. :hitting_wall Cold Fusion is the name of the Youtube channel. The video is about "Solar Power Plants | The Next Big Thing?"
I dream, therefore I am.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 10 Nov 2017, 01:07

terra wrote:
06 Jul 2017, 14:03
The site was found by one of our members," Donander".
He doesn't post much these days as he has copped a fair bit of unfair criticism from some of our members in past years.
I consider Don to be a good bloke and has always something good to listen to and sometimes debate..... he has around 7000 posts to his credit on silverpeers so he's not exactly a newbie. :twocents-mytwocents:
Terra, with due respect and appreciation of Don's Climate Change visions, I for one will never accept what Donander has brought to the stage and in denial of the truth, i.e. THAT CLIMATE CHANGE IS REALITY!

More and more authorities are discovering the problem is happening right now, right here and we are sitting on our hands doing bugger all.

The evidence in the web site shown is from Joanne Nova and her mathematician husband David Evans and is 4 years old, both are well know Climate denialists and Evans is quoted as having said this:

“Yes, CO2 has an effect, but it’s about a fifth or tenth of what the IPCC says it is. CO2 is not driving the climate; it caused less than 20 per cent of the global warming in the last few decades”.

Dr Evans says his discovery “ought to change the world”.

“But the political obstacles are massive,” he said
Well, if you believe in fairies then you should also believe in mathematicians explaining Climate Change, and accountants becoming tax payers!

Terra, say "Hello" to Don for me.
I have enjoyed his presence here on Silverpeers and so have many other members.
If there was a fall-out or as you say "........he copped a fair bit of unfair criticism from some members in past years.........", then please explain to him that such criticism was well deserved, especially as far as Climate Change is concerned. Besides, Don has never been shy in handing out his own brand of criticism of posters who didn't entirely agree with Don's ideology.

Personally, we have had several issues between us and I am no Angel, but I do like Don very much and I miss his contributions!
Hope his medical problems have all been dealt with successfully!

:character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 10 Nov 2017, 18:38

Terra, Don was always treated with respect, we all acknowledge that he is a gentleman. He did not get support for his beliefs about CO2, but of course is entitled to an opinion. He was asked not to introduce climate denial in to every other topic under the sun, but was welcomed to post as much as he wished where it was relevant. It is unfortunate and regrettable if he thought criticism was aimed at him personally.

Terra, you yorself welconed him back (http://silverpeers.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 57#p300557). Do you see anything unfortunate in that thread? But we heard no more for another 7 months or so, then just 4 posts, 3 being on one day. Then nothing. I for one hope that is just his preference, and that he is keeping good health
I dream, therefore I am.

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Post by terra » 12 Nov 2017, 10:53

Say what you will.... but your opinion is simply that...just your opinion !... So that doesn't make it gospel. :twocents-mytwocents:
If we were all perfect in our views and wisdom, we would all agree on the same thing.... and it follows that we would ALL vote for the same political party. But, history will show us that when it comes to elections, the vote is usually divided 50/50. That tells me that we DON'T all agree on the same topics.... we don't all agree on the same views on any controversial topic in this world.
For every argument FOR a particular view on climate change.... there is always an argument AGAINST climate change. If you google this topic, you'll see that both sides of the argument are well supported by scholars which tells me that the opinions being put forward are by experts in their field.....not dummies like most of us here on silverpeers. We plebs simply go trawling the internet and big-note ourselves by "cherrypicking" the result that suits our particular belief and post it online to get our pat on the back.
I am the first to admit that I'm not a highly educated person.... probably the same as you folk here on silverpeers. Our views therefore do not carry any weight in the grand scheme of things.... merely our opinions, simple as that.
If you dispute that, how about laying out your "expertise" credentials for all to see ?
:character-oldtimer:
I left school at 15, another five years at Tech to get my trade certificate followed by another 40 years as an emergency services worker. Am I highly educated on our planets climate issues ?.... NO, but I have an open mind.

Yes Dreamweaver... Don is alive and well.... still kicking. It's a shame that he has been given a rough trot in the past on here on silverpeers.... and if some of silverpeers were were honest enough to admit to that, then the world would be a better place.
I'm not saying that we have to like everybody....but if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. :twocents-mytwocents:
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 12 Nov 2017, 12:21

Surely we all expect some 'heat in the kitchen'?
Our forum menu has been graded into 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 chillies. The number indicates the expected level of heat in the kitchen. If your taste is a little milder, avoid controversial topics altogether.
For those who can't recognise good natured warmth, I am sorry. Don was always valued, though finding little support for his opinions. Each of us is entitled to voice our opinion too, opposing or supporting. I am glad to see you are supporting his opinion on climate change - we need a variety of discussion points. I don't think you will take offence if opposing views are expressed! :icon_biggrin:
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 12 Nov 2017, 15:32

I disagree, Terra, that opinions for and against are equivalent. The overwhelming consensus (97%) of climate scientists say that global warming is largely man-made. To suggest, as Malcolm Roberts is wont to do, that there is a conspiracy involving NASA and other reputable agencies, is laughable. The facts are beyond question. (See here.)

As for Don being vilified for his opinions by members here, all I can say is it's not been on my watch. Robust discussion does take place here, and I welcome it, as long as it doesn't descend into personal abuse. That won't be tolerated.

terra
Silver Member

Post by terra » 12 Nov 2017, 17:58

Yes DW... I am supporting Dons opinions. Not necessarily agreeing with them but supporting his right to put forth his views without being ridiculed. Interesting to note that many of his supporting links go to reputable sites and experts in this field. :thinking:

Perry.... where do you get that figure of 97% ?

.... or is this another case of "cherrypicking" ?

.... I just did my own "cherrypicking on the simple words, 97% and in less than a minute, I came up with a debunker to the 97% theory.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexepstei ... c2e2d53f9f

So.... who the hell is right ?

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 12 Nov 2017, 21:14

That article questions rather than puts forward a clarification. 97% of climate scientists agree that the current period of climate change is athropogenic in nature. That was stated in the NASA document I provided a link to. There's no cherry-picking involved. This article, unlike the Forbes one, explores the issue more thoroughly, explaining how the figure was derived.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 13 Nov 2017, 08:28

I might as well throw this report in: U.S. Climate Report Leaves Little Room for Doubt. To many people's surprise. it was issued by the climate-denialist US Government on 3 November.

Biggdad
Gold Member

Post by Biggdad » 13 Nov 2017, 16:43

If Japan build 45 new coal powered stations why not Australia! We then can supply & use the coal we have here, Bloody
hell everything else has gone O/S, build the stations, create jobs, reduce the cost of electricity & stop all the bullshit of
paying new taxes on every scheme that comes along. While other countries prosper we are going to where Paul Keating
said "A BANANA REPUBLIC"! :character-oldtimer: :flaming_mad

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/29/reuters ... tions.html

terra
Silver Member

Post by terra » 13 Nov 2017, 17:24

I agree Big Daddy ! :character-oldtimer:

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 13 Nov 2017, 18:43

Obstacles grow for coal power in Japan

Bear in mind that Japan is decommissioning nuclear power plants and is looking for short-term solutions as alternatives.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 04 Mar 2018, 19:00

TAE Technologies pushes plasma machine to a new high on the nuclear fusion frontier

https://www.geekwire.com/2018/tae-techn ... -frontier/
I dream, therefore I am.