watching the Project on Seven

Air all your daily pleasures and solve the World's problems over a cuppa of your favourite beverage.
Please note, no alcohol until after midday!

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Post Reply
User avatar
Biggdad
Gold Member
Posts: 3768
Joined: 06 Jul 2013, 17:23
Location: Sydney West.

watching the Project on Seven

Post by Biggdad » 24 Sep 2017, 19:46

I just seen Jaquie lambie on the project, talking about the yes_no Postal vote.
She made a valid point saying that even if the yes vote got up, there is NO guarantee
That the Minister of your district will vote yes, when it (if ever it goes through Parliament).
So this is Not worth the cost it has incurred!

I voted YES; These parliamentarians are not worth the money we are paying them! :flaming_mad

User avatar
Trishia
Posts: 789
Joined: 16 Mar 2014, 12:08
Location: Melbourne, Victoria.

Re: watching the Project on Seven

Post by Trishia » 25 Sep 2017, 08:45

Isn't that just typical of these creeps that are in power at the moment Bigdad???
They are playing everyone for fools!
I just hope that people wake up and go and vote. If they actually do this, then they should be hurled out at the next election.
I am also a YES voter, and I can't see what the problem is. All these red herrings about "Religious freedom" is NONSENSE. If you are a same sex couple, then you would have a CIVIL ceremony anyhow.
We shall see what happens!

User avatar
grandduke
Diamond Member
Posts: 11120
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 20:13
Location: 1770 Agnes Water Central Queensland

Re: watching the Project on Seven

Post by grandduke » 25 Sep 2017, 09:08

Go Trishia go you tell um love. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

User avatar
Slapsy
Posts: 959
Joined: 26 Feb 2016, 08:39
Location: South Coast NSW

Re: watching the Project on Seven

Post by Slapsy » 25 Sep 2017, 12:10

I voted NO,but only because there are other options,as Trishia has just indicated.

The compost heap has missed out on some good food.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

User avatar
godfather
Diamond Member
Posts: 13550
Joined: 31 Aug 2005, 20:41
Location: Brisbane

Re: watching the Project on Seven

Post by godfather » 25 Sep 2017, 12:42

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrkkkkkkk Slapsy, what other options?

There is nothing but EQUALITY that will suffice regardless if you prefer a civil or church marriage.

IMHO, a "NO" vote is a dangerous tactic and plays straight in to the hands of Abbott, Howard, Bernadi, Hanson and the rest of the fanatical religious zealots!

:thumb_down: :thumb_down: :thumb_down:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

User avatar
Slapsy
Posts: 959
Joined: 26 Feb 2016, 08:39
Location: South Coast NSW

Re: watching the Project on Seven

Post by Slapsy » 25 Sep 2017, 12:54

godfather wrote:
25 Sep 2017, 12:42
Aaaaaaarrrrrrrkkkkkkk Slapsy, what other options?

There is nothing but EQUALITY that will suffice regardless if you prefer a civil or church marriage.

IMHO, a "NO" vote is a dangerous tactic and plays straight in to the hands of Abbott, Howard, Bernadi, Hanson and the rest of the fanatical religious zealots!

:thumb_down: :thumb_down: :thumb_down:
You have now made me feel even luckier to be living in a country like ours,Godfather. A country where I am free to decide,and do,whatever I like. After talking to a number of my gay friends,some of them were just as conflicted,and confused,as I was. A couple even commented that they felt as if they were being led by the nose by a minority.

The majority of them wish that they had never heard the word, EQUALITY. :text-imsorry:
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

User avatar
godfather
Diamond Member
Posts: 13550
Joined: 31 Aug 2005, 20:41
Location: Brisbane

Re: watching the Project on Seven

Post by godfather » 25 Sep 2017, 13:03

Slapsy, no need to be sorry, I have always accepted a different point of view on any subject, just as I will in this instance. :icon_biggrin:

You didn't elaborate on the "other options". What are they?

:question: :question: :question:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

User avatar
Slapsy
Posts: 959
Joined: 26 Feb 2016, 08:39
Location: South Coast NSW

Re: watching the Project on Seven

Post by Slapsy » 25 Sep 2017, 13:15

godfather wrote:
25 Sep 2017, 13:03
Slapsy, no need to be sorry, I have always accepted a different point of view on any subject, just as I will in this instance. :icon_biggrin:

You didn't elaborate on the "other options". What are they?

:question: :question: :question:
Next of kin certainty,which appears to be a little blurred,at the moment.

For a small group to insist on marriage,reminds me of butch females insisting on equal rights,and payment,for playing predominently male dominated sports.

No matter which side wins this extremely expensive game,it will make no difference to my,or my friends,lives. The sun will still rise in the east,but it just may be a bit cloudy for a while. If this wind keeps up,that may not be a problem either.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

User avatar
Biggdad
Gold Member
Posts: 3768
Joined: 06 Jul 2013, 17:23
Location: Sydney West.

Re: watching the Project on Seven

Post by Biggdad » 25 Sep 2017, 16:46

Slapsy wrote:
25 Sep 2017, 12:10
I voted NO,but only because there are other options,as Trishia has just indicated.

The compost heap has missed out on some good food.
Trisha indicated that: if the yes vote gets up then & only then will same sex couples may have the option of a civil service.
This is if the parliamentarians have the BALLS to vote it to become law!
Slapsy: they could have done this without all this costly bullshit! :character-oldtimer:

User avatar
Slapsy
Posts: 959
Joined: 26 Feb 2016, 08:39
Location: South Coast NSW

Re: watching the Project on Seven

Post by Slapsy » 25 Sep 2017, 17:43

I agree BigG,and I can't wait to see what excuse they use for their next reason for a delay. My local federal member got off his A and polled his electorate himself. I know how he intends to vote. I am just having an each-way bet.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

User avatar
Perrorist
Administrator
Posts: 3540
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 12:36
Location: Tumbi Umbi, Central Coast, NSW
Contact:

Re: watching the Project on Seven

Post by Perrorist » 25 Sep 2017, 18:04

The whole reason for marriage equality is that everyone is treated the same before the law. Any notion that a civil union is the same fails for that reason. Marriage is not for everyone, but it's a choice we should all have the right to ignore.

User avatar
Biggdad
Gold Member
Posts: 3768
Joined: 06 Jul 2013, 17:23
Location: Sydney West.

Re: watching the Project on Seven

Post by Biggdad » 25 Sep 2017, 22:27

Perrorist wrote:
25 Sep 2017, 18:04
The whole reason for marriage equality is that everyone is treated the same before the law. Any notion that a civil union is the same fails for that reason. Marriage is not for everyone, but it's a choice we should all have the right to ignore.
Bloody oath Big P =D=

User avatar
godfather
Diamond Member
Posts: 13550
Joined: 31 Aug 2005, 20:41
Location: Brisbane

Re: watching the Project on Seven

Post by godfather » 26 Sep 2017, 22:20

Slapsy wrote: Next of kin certainty,which appears to be a little blurred,at the moment.

For a small group to insist on marriage,reminds me of butch females insisting on equal rights,and payment,for playing predominently male dominated sports.

No matter which side wins this extremely expensive game,it will make no difference to my,or my friends,lives. The sun will still rise in the east,but it just may be a bit cloudy for a while. If this wind keeps up,that may not be a problem either.
Slapsy, I think that I must have lost the plot of this discussion.

1) Next of kin? Not sure of the importance it would have on other family members if one of them is gay? However, I can see the importance this subject has on several of our members, especially for Mavis!

2) What relevance has a bunch of 'butch females' playing male dominated sports? (I let it go through to the wicket-keeper!) If you believe that male football-, tennis-, AFL-, cricket or Rugby players deserve more credence than their female counterparts, then I'll pull out of this debate for reasons that I am a total ignoramus! There are 100's of thousands of females who are as good if not better, than a great number of males. Females are built differently and don't have the strength most males have, but it is a natural phenomena and has little to do with the current survey!

I do agree that the World will keep spinning, and that the costs of this survey is unjustified. Unfortunately, the 'wise men' in Canberra have more power than you and me. That is the greatest shame of all!

:twocents-mytwocents: :twocents-mytwocents: :twocents-mytwocents:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

User avatar
Slapsy
Posts: 959
Joined: 26 Feb 2016, 08:39
Location: South Coast NSW

Re: watching the Project on Seven

Post by Slapsy » 26 Sep 2017, 23:55

godfather wrote:
26 Sep 2017, 22:20


Slapsy, I think that I must have lost the plot of this discussion.

1) Next of kin? Not sure of the importance it would have on other family members if one of them is gay? However, I can see the importance this subject has on several of our members, especially for Mavis!

2) What relevance has a bunch of 'butch females' playing male dominated sports? (I let it go through to the wicket-keeper!) If you believe that male football-, tennis-, AFL-, cricket or Rugby players deserve more credence than their female counterparts, then I'll pull out of this debate for reasons that I am a total ignoramus! There are 100's of thousands of females who are as good if not better, than a great number of males. Females are built differently and don't have the strength most males have, but it is a natural phenomena and has little to do with the current survey!

I do agree that the World will keep spinning, and that the costs of this survey is unjustified. Unfortunately, the 'wise men' in Canberra have more power than you and me. That is the greatest shame of all!

:twocents-mytwocents: :twocents-mytwocents: :twocents-mytwocents:
Godfather,After discussing this issue with a number of gay friends,and relatives,who are just as confused as I am,let's just say that I am merely exercising my democratic right. In fact,some of those that I have spoken to have also voted NO.
As I have already indicated,my local federal member has already polled the electorate. Found that a majority was in favour,and will vote YES when legislation is brought to parliament. He did,in fact,present the first bill for SSM,in parliament,a number of years back. He is a good ALP man,and is respected by everyone.
This campaign still has a number of weeks yet. Neither side is covering themselves in glory. The NO side with their lies,and side issues,and the YES side with their abuse,of anybody disagreeing with them. I watched a video,today,of a young woman being bombarded with foul language by an absolute boofhead,just because she said she voted NO. I have just tried to find it,but it is lost.
The first I remember about this issue was not in respect of SSM,but it was about equality. I can't remember how long ago,but nobody was then talking about marriage equality. The big concern was next of kin rights. My friends are not concerned about marriage rights. They accept that they already have ways to prove their relationships,which are just as permanent as a marriage,but next of kin rights are not so certain,with some hostile families claiming bodies from grieving partners,and denying them access.
This is starting to drag on,but I need to explain the butch females comment. That comment was a poor choice. What this SSM issue reminds me of is a couple of 2 year olds playing in a playpen. One has a toy,which the other one wants,and all hell breaks loose. The easy way out of the problem is to give them both identical toys,but then neither of them would learn anything,would they. I would like to think that I would be able to convince both of those kids that they just can't have everything they want. That there are other options.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Post Reply