Annual protection ritual

Air all your daily pleasures and solve the World's problems over a cuppa of your favourite beverage.
Please note, no alcohol until after midday!

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Slapsy

Annual protection ritual

Post by Slapsy » 21 Oct 2017, 12:10

It is that time of year again,when danger lurks,for morning walkers,around any corner. It's magpie season. :eek :eek
Because of the seasonal danger,at one end of my street,I am now going the other way on my morning walk. Strangely,there is a nest,with young,in a tree just outside my back fence. I can do anything in my yard without any fear of attack. In fact,the adults will often come down for a drink from my birdbath,even while I am in the garden,but swoop anybody going past on the road at the front. Apparently,according to this article,magpies have great memories,and learn to recognise people who are not a danger.
:text-thankyou: :text-thankyou:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-21/1 ... es/9070934
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: Annual protection ritual

Post by Perrorist » 21 Oct 2017, 12:35

It's true about magpies knowing who you are, and if they trust you they will follow you around while you're gardening.

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Re: Annual protection ritual

Post by Warrigal » 21 Oct 2017, 13:37

My maggies are very quiet. I always talk to them and I am sure they know my voice.
The difference between knowledge and faith is like the difference between knowing about friendship and having a friend.