2 weeks without internet or phone

Air all your daily pleasures and solve the World's problems over a cuppa of your favourite beverage.
Please note, no alcohol until after midday!

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

godfather
Diamond Member

Re: 2 weeks without internet or phone

Post by godfather » 10 Nov 2017, 01:49

terra wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 14:01
Godfather said.....

"My first reactions was, what did you do before we had internet?"

Before the internet, in particular, the NBN, we had a copper wire landline phone that worked even if our household electricity supply went down.
Now that our landline phone is connected to the NBN, if the power goes out, so does the phone.
I don't get mobile phone reception in our immediate area so that back up is useless.
How do you call for
000 services ?
Terra, I am in solid agreement with you and it seems that you may have misread my post to Trishia.
What I did say was that it is NOT worth it to stress out about the NBN not working perfectly.
It may never work perfectly but there is very little that you and I can do about it.

I have been off the air forcibly several times and I missed the forum and several other surfing points, but when I stressed out and complaint, the guilty people wouldn't even answer my emails and calls. Stress can be a killer and that isn't healthy for anybody!

:no: :no: :no:

PS: Terra, your mobile phone will send your 000 call even if there isn't a signal at all!
Likewise, you can call 000 even if your phone is turned off!
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.