Angry at comment

Air all your daily pleasures and solve the World's problems over a cuppa of your favourite beverage.
Please note, no alcohol until after midday!

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Angry at comment

Post by Dreamweaver » 06 May 2018, 20:05

Came across this comment on the internet, and they say anything shared is halved, so hoping my anger will now be a little less!
:flaming_mad
I remember this episode with a company owner when I went to ask for a job. He said that they could need me and we got to talk about politics a lil, he started to talk about healthcare and that he hated it and wanted it eliminated. I looked at him and said: What about the poor people? That was about it, he looked at me like he had the devil inside and said SCREW THEM LET THEM DIE!! I felt so angry I wanted to hit him in the face, but I did better. Just left him behind. Needless to say, he never called me. Thats what we have in this country. Hypocrites that go to church every sunday but want the poor people dead. They are so happy they are rich but they are not humble enough to see the people beside them in need and I have the feeling that we are getting more and more of that every day.
I dream, therefore I am.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Re: Angry at comment

Post by kfchugo » 07 May 2018, 09:27

We are certainly in the midst of the "me" generation and charity is a dwindling human trait. Much of that is the fault of charities themselves.......how many scandals have we seen or details of outragious salaries paid to charity administrators etc and very little of donations actually getting to those who need it. The world has become rightly cynical, but also selfish along with that.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 07 May 2018, 09:46

We've become this way because of the rise of neoliberalism, with its emphasis on small government (reduced welfare, education, health, etc, costs), benefiting the rich (tax cuts, corporate welfare, breaking unions, etc), and leaving everything to the market (privatisation, foreign ownership, outsourcing, oligopolies, monopolies, cartels, etc). Thus, everyone is primarily focused on their own situation. It's difficult to care about others when your own position feels precarious. There's no job security anymore.

Trishia

Post by Trishia » 08 May 2018, 11:17

It's called Americanism! We are becoming more like them everyday.
If you get sick over there, unless you have health cover, you can't get treated. Some charitable Doctors give up their spare time to help, but not enough. Lots of people DIE needlessly!
I never thought Australia would become like this, but it's happening.

8-[

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 08 May 2018, 12:49

Maybe,at the coming election,the sheeple will finally wake up to what is happening,Trisha.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Post by terra » 08 May 2018, 16:29

Slapsy.... I just love that word, "sheeple" ! :good_one

I'm gonna steal it ! :heeheehee
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".