solitude

Air all your daily pleasures and solve the World's problems over a cuppa of your favourite beverage.
Please note, no alcohol until after midday!

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

lynny
Diamond Member

Re: solitude

Post by lynny » 21 May 2018, 09:24

I got that after a bad case of the vomits a few years ago. Mine looked worse than it felt and I'd forget about it until I saw someone looking at me a bit funny. :lol:

If it was that Dukeys moonshine Terra then I hope it was worth it.
Where is he btw? Anyone hear from him?

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 21 May 2018, 09:34

He's been on my mind too. I hope all is ok.

I remember walking into a door once, the edge caught my glasses and I got a black eye. My work mates were sure the door was just an excuse, and blamed my hubby!
I dream, therefore I am.

Teddy
Diamond Member

Post by Teddy » 21 May 2018, 10:27

I also Lynny have missed G D ,I hope he is not ill & alone on his farm.

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Post by terra » 21 May 2018, 11:03

lynny wrote:
21 May 2018, 09:24
I got that after a bad case of the vomits a few years ago. Mine looked worse than it felt and I'd forget about it until I saw someone looking at me a bit funny. :lol:

If it was that Dukeys moonshine Terra then I hope it was worth it.
Where is he btw? Anyone hear from him?
He's recovering from surgery.... had a few complications but hopefully, he'll be back again guns blazing ! =D=
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

lynny
Diamond Member

Post by lynny » 21 May 2018, 11:59

Thanks Terra!
Wish him well from me if you're in touch with him :icon_biggrin:

hawkeye
Bronze Member

Post by hawkeye » 24 May 2018, 07:19

Things do get slow at times. I usually read and not post, maybe just enough to keep my membership active but I know here in the world down under no one really cres whart a yank thinks about the price of tea in northeastern China. I am coming out from a bout with pneumonia and most of a week in rthe hospital while the good wife was ill a home and should have I thought been the one to go tothe hospital. Never theless we are both over what ailed us and have gone to other things. One thing about the hospital stay though. The total bill ws cjust over fifteedn thousand bucks but because I had Medicare I got out for a little over seventeen hundred. I'm glad I had the money. I have seen many a time in my past when I'd had to go to the bankand borrow it. I guess we can still say all is well that ends well.

I have been hanging out on a seniors Site that is very Conservative. That is to say all supportDonald Trump and feel democrats anmd many others are dooing things to handicap him and keep him from doing more good for the people than he already is. I mean it is all one can do to stomach all the thingsthat are said. Accordingly everyone feels rhe world so to speak is ganging up on Donald Trump and won't allow him to accomplish he good thisns he wants to do. I have to get off every once in a while to breathe clean air and to realize things are not exactly as they sometimes appear.

My wife did say recently we needed to talk. I told her my time was her time and I'm always available. She is losing her skill in the kitchen, dropping stuff, burning foods, burning herself. It looks as though it is time to make some adjustments. quit so much cooking and start buying out, more TV dinners or whatever will work. We'll have to experiment.

I'm sure things will pick up in due course and more people will have something to say.

Teddy
Diamond Member

Post by Teddy » 24 May 2018, 11:20

Hawkeye's post makes Australians thankful, if you don't have private Health Insurance, you can be treated in hospital free of charge.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 24 May 2018, 12:01

So many Americans have to file for bankruptcy because of medical bills.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 24 May 2018, 16:25

Hawkeye, does US have retirement village rentals for independent seniors? Many advantages over buying into such places. Usually they have various packages where you can choose the degree of help you want.

I've just had almost a week in hospital with pneumonia too, thankfully covered by my pension. :happy-sunshine:
I dream, therefore I am.

hawkeye
Bronze Member

Post by hawkeye » 24 May 2018, 22:21

Yes, DW, we do. Rather expensive, too expensive for someone at my income level.