Movie buffs

Discuss everything related to the Arts, Crafts, Hobbies, Sports, Pets & Vets, Entertainment, TV, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Movie buffs

Post by mavisbramston » 23 Nov 2017, 11:31

If you love cinema as I do there are few things as wondrous as seeing a movie in 70 mm. Mostly today they are screened in digital. Its ok but not as sharp,clear and beautiful as 70mm. So far I have seen in the past year The Heston version of Ben Hur which looked beautiful despite the acting which looks very hammy by todays standards. Still that chariot race remains breath taking.
Saw Dunkirk one of the most perfect movies I have seen and in 70mm it was great to see it as it was meant to be seen.q
Yesterday went to see Murder on the Orient Express. In 70 mm it looks beautiful. Sharp and vivid. Not the greatest of movies but a pleasant three hour diversion.

These movies and others are being screened at the SUN CINEMA in Yarraville Melbourne. You need to check if its a 70 mm screening. It costs you a bit more obviously but thats because thousands went into restoring one of the few 70 mm projectors left in Australia. Bert Murphy and his team have done a brilliant job.
Please support the Sun. It is the only place you get to see 70 mm. You really notice the difference. You even get a program!

grandduke
Diamond Member

Re: Movie buffs

Post by grandduke » 23 Nov 2017, 15:47

Say it again Mavis. :heeheehee :heeheehee :heeheehee
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 23 Nov 2017, 18:19

Lol I do carry on a bit grandduke lol. Once I get passionate I go into over drive. Still its not bad for an old croaker to have a bit of passion. :character-oldtimer:
You should see what my wife and I are not wearing this year to mardi gras lol.

TMI?

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 23 Nov 2017, 22:41

Nothing like a bit of pasho Mavis hey what. :character-oldtimer: :heeheehee :heeheehee
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw