Lala land

Discuss everything related to the Arts, Crafts, Hobbies, Sports, Pets & Vets, Entertainment, TV, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Lala land

Post by mavisbramston » 09 Feb 2017, 12:06

It's not really surpising that LA LA LAND is so incredibly popular and scooping up all the awards and nominations. Its happened before. When the world is in a mess cinema goers look for pure excapist fun or sentimentality. With Brexit, Trump and other nasties making us feel nervous and depressed we want something refreshingly light to put us in a good mood. The film opens with a traffic jam. What a great idea. During the traffic jam we see a stunning big production number. Everyone gets out of their cars and we see a slick production number. Its superbly filmed and the best scene in the movie. The lighting in this film is lovely, indeed the best I have s een in any movie . There are fine scenes in LALA LAND. Unfortunately it seems to plod along too slowly. Its not that the two leads Emma Stone and Ryan Gossling cant sing its that they are dull. Where are Fred and Ginger when you need them? Still its great to have a musical and a new one. :icon_biggrin:

Trishia

Re: Lala land

Post by Trishia » 10 Feb 2017, 09:39

Hi Mavis,
I saw "La La Land" about 3 weeks ago, and thought it was OK, BUT, it took a long time to get going. I quite enjoyed it, but it's NOT my favourite film.

We went to a French film called "Rosalie Blum" last Sunday, and it was delightful! It had everything. Good storyline, good acting, and lots of ZANY characters. We both loved it.
It had subtitles, but you didn't notice them after a while.
It wasn't until right at the end of the film, that you found out the WHY and HOW of the story, and it all fell into place.
Can't say anymore as it would spoil the film for others. :happy-sunshine: