Its not cricket

Discuss everything related to the Arts, Crafts, Hobbies, Sports, Pets & Vets, Entertainment, TV, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Its not cricket

Post by mavisbramston » 30 Mar 2018, 09:58

Cheats... Absolutely and like every one else I am disgusted. Things may never be the same again.
These cricket stars get huge salaries many of us will never get.
HOWEVER. and there is a however... I believe we need to remember ....if we did something stupid and guess ,what we ALL have, I certainly have, we did not have the whole world watching. We could move on. These guys will NEVER move on. Their crime and in a way it is a crime, indeed at least an ethical one, will never be forgotten. They will be reminded it evey second of their lives.
I believe ,and I must be careful here, living with so many hating you, may well lead to suicide .
I think one of these guys will find it all too much.
They are still human beings, flawed like all of us.
The world now must back off and if we cant forgive try at least to keep out.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Re: Its not cricket

Post by kfchugo » 30 Mar 2018, 14:01

It is interesting to note that just about everyone who has ever bowled a cricket ball has made SOME effort to "tamper" with it......polishing one side, scratching or roughing up one side, applying something "sticky etc., etc. What these guys did is really nothing new, but the breadth and depth of their stupidity is truly breathtaking. God knows how many cameras trained on them and the whole of the cricketing world watching. It would have been a miracle had they NOT been caught out. They all deserve a good kick up the backside, but I dont think they deserve the tragedy, infamy and loss of income that has befallen them. A lapse in judgement that they didnt even benefit from and their whole world is ruined. In this instance, I honestly dont think that the punishment fits the crime.
I would be interested to know what the ACA rules provide as a penalty for ball tampering? :hhuuuhhhh

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 30 Mar 2018, 17:24

Thanksfor that kfhugo. I wondered how or if it had happened before. Thanks

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 30 Mar 2018, 19:07

Mavis, you mention these men can never move on, their crime will never be forgotten. You may well be right. They are not hardened criminals like the world's leaders who perpetrate huge crimes against humanity, and seem to be immune from self awareness. When they are caught out, recriminations seem to run off their backs while they climb the popularity ladder again, perhaps with a different circle of adherents, but not seeming to be too ashamed. :flaming_mad
I dream, therefore I am.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 30 Mar 2018, 21:43

From a former cricketer,who did bowl quite a few balls,thank you for your sensible comment,Hugo. :text-thankyou:
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89