Ah the Irish.

For all the budding and experienced humorists, poets and comical verse lovers!

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

grandduke
Diamond Member

Re: Ah the Irish.

Post by grandduke » 23 Mar 2015, 13:39

Fear ye not red Rose it is my duty to shoulder the responsibility, 8-[ 8-[

chivalry • the combination of qualities expected of an ideal knight, namely courage, honour, courtesy, justice, and a readiness to help the ladies. tales of chivalry and knightly deeds. :cool: :thinking: :heeheehee :heeheehee
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

lynny
Diamond Member

Post by lynny » 23 Mar 2015, 14:45

Not 'off thread' Betty for Grandduke has kissed the blarney stone to be sure! :icon_biggrin:
He's full of something anyway and it's not Guiness. :good_luck :icon-mrgreen:

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 23 Mar 2015, 15:37

Hello that you Lynny i thought you never came out of the gamers room,

The above post of mine is called humour. Get my drift. :thinking:
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 23 Mar 2015, 20:51

Thanks LH, I must be missing something in my life and that is Irish jokes!
Just can't stop laughing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GD, you sure are full of it.......................... but like lynny I can't tell what it is?

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

lighthouse
Silver Member

Post by lighthouse » 28 Mar 2015, 08:18

Two wise Irish policemen call the station on the radio.
"Hello. Is that you Sarge?”
"Yes?”
"We have a case here. A woman has shot her husband for stepping on the floor she had just mopped clean.”
"Have you arrested the woman?”
"No sir. The floor is still wet."
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it. ”
Helen Keller

hawkeye
Bronze Member

Post by hawkeye » 31 Mar 2015, 08:24

Hush that, I tell you. Stop it right now. Afore I have to start telling people I'm a Scotsman.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 01 Apr 2015, 08:46

I, know Hawkeye, because I'm Scots too, these would apply to them as well. But they wouldn't be jokes, they'd be serious! :lol:

lighthouse
Silver Member

Post by lighthouse » 01 Apr 2015, 12:19

John O’Leary, a Dublin resident, was on the side of the road hitchhiking on a very dark Halloween night and in the midst of a big storm. The night was rolling on and no car went by. The storm was so strong he could hardly see a few feet ahead of him. Suddenly, he saw a car slowly coming towards him and stopped.

John, desperate for shelter and without thinking about it, got into the car and closed the door... only to realize there was nobody behind the wheel and the engine wasn’t on. The car started moving slowly. John looked at the road ahead and saw a curve approaching. Scared, he started to pray, begging for his life. Then, just before the car hit the curve, a hand appeared out of nowhere through the window, and turned the wheel.

John, paralyzed with terror, watched as the hand came through the window, but never touched or harmed him.

Shortly thereafter, John saw the lights of a pub appear down the road, so, gathering strength; he jumped out of the car and ran to it. Wet and out of breath, he rushed inside and started telling everybody about the horrible experience he had just had.

A silence enveloped the pub when everybody realized he was crying... and wasn’t drunk.

Suddenly, the door opened, and two other people walked in from the dark and stormy night. They, like John, were also soaked and out of breath.

Looking around, and seeing John O’Leary sobbing at the bar, one said to the other.” Look Paddy....there’s that idiot that got in the car while we were pushing it!” :heeheehee
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it. ”
Helen Keller