Have We Seen This Somewhere

For all the budding and experienced humorists, poets and comical verse lovers!

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Bronze Member

Have We Seen This Somewhere

Post by hawkeye » 27 May 2011, 07:12

A slightly balding, white haired man walked into a jewelry store one Friday evening with a very beautiful, much younger woman at his side. He told the jeweler he was looking for a special ring for his girlfriend. The jeweler looked through his stock and brought out a $5,000 ring.

The man said, “No, I'd like to see something even more special.”

At that, the jeweler went to his special stock and brought out another ring. “Here's a stunning ring at just $40,000”, the jeweler said. The young lady's eyes sparkled and her whole body trembled with excitement. Upon seeing this reaction, the man said, “We'll take it!”

The jeweler asked how payment would be made and the man stated, “I’ll pay by check. I know you’ll want to make sure the check is good, so I'll write the check now and you can call the bank Monday to verify the funds. I'll stop in to pick up the ring on Monday afternoon.”

On Monday morning, the jeweler angrily phoned the old man and said, “There’s no money in that account!”

“I know”, said the old man, “but let me tell you about my great weekend!”

Silver Member

Re: Have We Seen This Somewhere

Post by Dusty » 27 May 2011, 12:04

What a shifty old bloke he was
I,m right into Craft, cant remember a flamin' thing

Post by Jessy21635 » 28 May 2011, 06:56

Dusty, that's called "flim-flamming" here in the states ! ! I have a friend who excelles in that fashion. He asked me once, "Look-a=here ... you got two ten dollar bills for a five?" I reached for my wallet and had it open before I realized what he had said. We are all gullable at times.

Diamond Member

Post by Teddy » 29 May 2011, 16:07

That's because you,re a real Southern Gentleman Jessy,trying to help a friend! :biggrin:

Post by Dawn » 29 May 2011, 18:20

I thought that was being a con man and a crook!