Native Americans Acknowledged 5 Genders

Matters concerning family, friends, relations, weird & wonderful news, remembering the present and past.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Native Americans Acknowledged 5 Genders

Post by Dreamweaver » 05 Apr 2017, 11:57

Before European Christians Forced Gender Roles, Native Americans Acknowledged 5 Genders

In fact, people who had both female and male characteristics were viewed as gifted by nature, and therefore, able to see both sides of everything. According to Indian Country Today, all native communities acknowledged the following gender roles: “Female, male, Two Spirit female, Two Spirit male and Transgendered.”

http://educateinspirechange.org/alterna ... 5-genders/

Trishia

Re: Native Americans Acknowledged 5 Genders

Post by Trishia » 06 Apr 2017, 11:29

So, these people were way ahead of us, even in today's cultures.
I hate to say this, because it will probably upset some, but Christianity has done a lot of damage to the evolution of the human race. They also persecuted psychics, which was a big mistake.
We could have been much smarter than we are today, if this had not happened.
A few men wanted power over others, and used religion to get it. A lot of people died horrifying deaths when they tried to argue against the laws.
The churches keep saying that different genders are UNATURAL! The opposite is true. These people are BORN LIKE THAT!
Sometimes I despair at the discrimination.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 06 Apr 2017, 13:30

I remember many years ago saying that same sex relationships were part of nature, as I'd come off a farm and had seen the animals' behaviour. The answer I got was that surely we were supposed to be better than animals.

Better? Not so sure about that, either. :lol:

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 06 Apr 2017, 13:48

We are animals.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 06 Apr 2017, 13:59

A hominoid, commonly called an ape, is a member of the superfamily Hominoidea:
I would rather be like our cousins the bonobos than like our cousins the chimpanzees! :lol:

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 06 Apr 2017, 14:14

So,what's to say that the Australian aborigines were not similar to the native Americans,at the time of Captain Cook,or Phillip. They certainly seemed to understand how to manage the land,and,from reports,they did it much better than us,even in today's enlightened times.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 09 Apr 2017, 10:34

Damn this is interesting. How wonderful. Trishia as my son would say YOU ROCK. :happy-sunshine:

Side bar... Two young men were beaten badly in Netherlands for holding hands. The Dutch retaliated. Men from all walks of life were seen walking around holding hands. Back to topic..the five gender issue is fascinating.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 17 Sep 2017, 19:25

God was supposed to be genderless, the 'father' aspect being only one aspect of (at least ) three, a trinity but never stated as limited to that.
A bisexual concept of God was always termed "The Divine Hermaphrodite."

My support will always go to a loving, caring, committed relationship, something often not achieved in traditional marriages. Gender doesn't matter, we all carry varying amounts of relevant chromosomes anyway.

Trishia

Post by Trishia » 18 Sep 2017, 10:59

Thank you DW for reviving this subject! The timing couldn't be more apt for what's happening at the moment.
I might say that my thinking has NOT altered, but has become even stronger.
I have been disgusted at some of the comments from the "NO VOTE" people on the media lately.
It's time they faced up to reality.

=D=