Grandma is so proud

Matters concerning family, friends, relations, weird & wonderful news, remembering the present and past.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Grandma is so proud

Post by Warrigal » 03 Jul 2017, 18:24

I am a very lucky Grandma of three grand daughters and three grand sons. I love them all but I think this one is the icing on the cake. She is the youngest and has the most wonderful warm heart.

She has a natural beauty all of her own and is interested in music, having finished a number of TAFE courses and a degree in music. She plans to do a masters in Music Therapy at Melbourne next year and until then is working in schools on a sessional basis with some disabled and other children.

This is what she posted on FB on Friday
Can genuinely say I love my job! It was an awesome last week of such a successful Term with the kids. Working five days at five different schools and having a blast drumming each day this week! The car was completely loaded with instruments. This week a student told me they loved music so much they bought a brand new guitar and he's learning with his Dad. Another is getting a xylophone for his birthday! I had students dancing in the middle of drumming circles, working as a team, using their bodies, using their words, singing their hearts out, at one school I had the cutest surprise of little chicks keeping me company the whole day and at another I got to sing and play indigenous songs for NAIDOC week in front of the entire school! Can't wait to see what Term 3 has up it's sleeves!
This is one of the photos that illustrate her delight in her work
Lucy and friend.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The difference between knowledge and faith is like the difference between knowing about friendship and having a friend.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Re: Grandma is so proud

Post by Dreamweaver » 03 Jul 2017, 22:37

=D= :happy-sunshine:

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 04 Jul 2017, 05:31

:happy-sunshine: =D=

Biggdad
Gold Member

Post by Biggdad » 04 Jul 2017, 08:44

Ya can't help but admire their achievements, I'm the same. Glad you get so much enjoyment from them all! \:D/ \:D/

Pamela

Post by Pamela » 04 Jul 2017, 17:49

=D= from me too!

Lovely photo. :icon_biggrin: