Nameless human beings.

Matters concerning family, friends, relations, weird & wonderful news, remembering the present and past.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Trishia

Nameless human beings.

Post by Trishia » 01 Aug 2017, 08:53

Where are human rights in this awful country????
It doesn't say much for that particular brand of Islam either.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-31/w ... es/8760666

grandduke
Diamond Member

Re: Nameless human beings.

Post by grandduke » 01 Aug 2017, 13:59

What can one expect from ignorant turban wearing boy molesters. 8-[
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 02 Aug 2017, 17:50

My mother was not an ignorant turban wearing boy molester, but would never have called a married woman by her first name unless closely related to her, as it was considered disrespectful and belittling. “A married woman is entitled to her title”, she would say, and the Mistress (Mrs) of her establishment.

It was part of her culture, not her religion. But I do agree that the treatment of these women is worse than deplorable. Even in India, which is making some headway, things aren’t easy. Oviya is a tv star the men are crazy about, because she is bold, not afraid of anyone, honest, straightforward, and unapologetically opinionated. For being herself, for dressing modernly, etc. The question is, will they accept such women in their family and life?

My Indian friend, in her mid 20s and single, says “Same indian guys who support ovi will have trouble accepting such women in his own life.. Ive seen plenty.. I know plenty.. n i have no doubt even the ones who look promising will have subtle patriarchy behaviour in them.”.

Another comment was
you are better off showing support to the Oviyas in your house so that a number of violence against women can be solved. It will motivate more women to be like Oviya. Those ladies who have endured abuse from mother in law, sister in law and were chased out of the house will not suffer if you show your support for them. Besides guys, ladies like Oviya too because she is the full image of a woman who has long been suppressed of her rights.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 02 Aug 2017, 19:10

On July 26, Tunisia set a new standard for Arab countries. The North African country approved a law that recognizes abuse against women in the home as a crime against society. The new law shifts the blame for violence against women to the perpetrator. It outlaws harassment in public spaces and abolishes the right of rapists to escape punishment if they marry their victims. And it calls for practical assistance for victims of domestic violence, such as emergency shelters. Compared with other Arab states, Tunisia is already a model of gender equality. Its legislature has the highest rate of female representation. More women than men graduate from its universities. And its women can initiate a divorce and establish a business without spousal consent. But it still has one of the highest rates of domestic violence. The new law is seen by rights activists as representing a “mental revolution” against the notion that violence in the home is a private matter. It still needs to be funded and implemented, an essential step that will be a test of changing cultural attitudes, not only in Tunisia but in many Arab countries. (Christian Science Monitor, Wednesday 2 Aug)

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 03 Aug 2017, 23:20

The World's Most Influential Arab Women
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/the-worl ... mid=665991

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 04 Aug 2017, 09:01

This quote related a tv program, either four corners, or Panorama can't recall.
ignorant turban wearing boy molester, but this is what the show was all about.
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw