Classification of Character Strengths (Peterson & Seligman, 2004)
- 1. wisdom and knowledge – cognitive strengths that entail the acquisition and use of knowledge.
2. courage – emotional strengths that involve the exercise of will to accomplish goals in the face of opposition, external or internal
3. humanity – interpersonal strengths that involve “tending and befriending” others
4. justice – civic strengths that underlie healthy community life
5. temperance – strengths that protect against excess
6. transcendence – strengths that forge connections to the larger universe and provide meaning