About God.

Matters concerning family, friends, relations, weird & wonderful news, remembering the present and past.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

grandduke
Diamond Member

About God.

Post by grandduke » 16 Mar 2018, 22:24

Digest this if you will, Theosophist: No, IT does not; for the simple reason that it is Absolute Thought itself. Nor does it exist, for the same reason, as it is absolute existence, and Be-ness, not a Being. Read the superb Kabalistic poem by Solomon Ben Jehudah Gabirol, in the Kether-Malchut, and you will understand: – “Thou art one, the root of all numbers, but not as an element of numeration; for unity admits not of multiplication, change, or form. Thou art one, and in the secret of thy unity the wisest of men are lost because they know it not. Thou art one and Thy unity is never diminished, never extended, and cannot be changed. Thou art one and no thought of mine can fix for Thee a limit, or define Thee. Thou ART, but not as one existent, for the understanding and vision of mortals cannot attain to Thy existence, nor determine for Thee the where, the how and the why,” etc., etc. In short, our Deity is the eternal, incessantly evolving, not creating, builder of the universe; that universe itself unfolding out of its own essence, not being made. It is a sphere, without circumference, in its symbolism, which has but one ever-acting attribute embracing all other existing or thinkable attributes – ITSELF. It is the one law, giving the impulse to manifested, eternal, and immutable laws, within that never-manifesting, because absolute LAW, which in its manifesting periods is The ever-Becoming. :character-oldtimer: \:D/ \:D/
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: About God.

Post by Perrorist » 17 Mar 2018, 07:24

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." -- Albert Einstein

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 17 Mar 2018, 07:46

Even the scientific treatises of today are incomprehensible to most of us, and need to be 'unpacked' for public consumption, into language and terms we can more easily understand. This too. Go for it, Dukey!
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 17 Mar 2018, 08:07

I'll have a go, no guarantee I get it right!
Think of a photo of a room, where a mirror is reflecting the room, including a person and a mirror reflecting it all, on and on adinfinatum.
The writer,(I think) is comparing you to the reflection as a whole, which can't be divided or extended.
and
The writer, (I think) is comparing God to the reflection as a whole, which can't be divided or extended.
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 17 Mar 2018, 08:49

Known as Droste effect. The Droste effect is when a photo recursively appears within itself — the photo within the photo within the photo, “tunneling” forever. Here’s a 12-minute video by photographer and retoucher Antti Karppinen that shows you can create a Droste effect photo for yourself.

https://petapixel.com/2018/01/26/create-droste-effect/
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 17 Mar 2018, 21:10

Solomon Ben Jehudah Gabirol, the author quoted by Dukey, was a Spanish Jew, a poet and philosopher in about 1040. People loved his poetry but didn't bother to read his philosophy, so he started writing it as poetry.

He developed ideas from Plato, who held there was a divine spark in each of us comprised of a trinity of Wisdom, Love, and Power. This spiritual spark was reflected with some distortion as it descended from divinity to material form, becoming thought, emotion, and will. Further materialisation brought more distortion of that trinity, to cunning, fear, and domination.

Not just 3 levels though, I think 7, matching the idea of seven heavens. He (Plato) thought we descended into this hellish attitude in order to climb up the levels again, so that Cosmic Consciousness could have a full understanding of the worst of materiality.

That's just my understanding of neo-Platonism, and Gabirol did have some differences, having studied much other philosophy..
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 18 Mar 2018, 07:29

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 18 Mar 2018, 11:33

OK, let us take for instance body heat which is normally 98.6 F 37 C and need to be
fairly constant albeit with some variances of 97 F (36.1 C) to 99F (37.2C) in order to
feel well.Now they are quite high temperatures and they are not generated by food
so where does it come from, it is universal energy hence our aura and vibration everything
vibrates the divine spark quoted by Dreamweaver.
Plato was right in some of his ideas but we are governed by Karma the universal law of cause and effect
and we write our own script in thought, word, and deed cackle gulp, Professor Stephen Hawking
did not believe in an afterlife and this from a Man of such brilliance sigh, logically thinking I cam from
somewhere because nothing comes from nothing right and in death, I will return to that from which I came.
So me luves get used to it you chose to come out from the divine and when the great human experience ends we shall return to our source as distinct individuals ready to start our own universe.
Cackle cough, sputter, that's my view.
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 18 Mar 2018, 12:35

Now they are quite high temperatures and they are not generated by food
so where does it come from...
Wrong. Food is converted into energy by a metabolic process known as glycolysis. This oxidation of glucose generates heat. The body's temperature is regulated by the hypothalamus, hence we sweat and shiver as needed. There's no need for "universal energy", whatever that might be.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 18 Mar 2018, 17:43

From the dawn of time, anything mankind cannot understand or scientifically explain, he attributes to God or some "supreme being". If there is a God, I cant believe that he would leave us stumbling about in the dark trying to understand if he even exists, much less comprehend his will.I prefer to think that there is much in this universe of ours that we do not (and probably never will) understand.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 18 Mar 2018, 20:51

Prof. John Lennox comments after Hawking died (on Pi Day and Isaac Newton's birthday and anniversary of Gallileo's death!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If4XisIJNA4
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 18 Mar 2018, 20:55

Hugo, yes. The God of many people's concept is not feasible, in my opinion. I would be happier to consider such a being to be an E.T. rather than the creator of the universe. :icon_biggrin:
I dream, therefore I am.

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 18 Mar 2018, 23:06

ain't no god, a dead maggot is a dead maggot.
Possibly people got the idea of coming back from the dead by looking at how nature recycles everything.
A cow eats some grass, has a shit and the grass grows back better than ever around the shit.
But people are just so incredibly gullible and superstitious, what is the point of years of education if you just throw it out the window
because someone saw the face of Jesus in a pizza?

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 19 Mar 2018, 23:12

Dreamweaver, as I said the heat is there before the food and
after converting it to heat which as you say is regulated the
heat is still there and it is there from birth to death.
Buck is right there is no God of the Christians or Muslims or Hindus
or Buddhists there is only spirit and all evolves out of the universal
spirit which has nothing to do with everyday life that is governed by
Karma the law of cause and effect and we write our own script now that
is true justice, be a critic calling Senators swill you set in motion a cause
which will at some time come back and bite you on the arse cackle cackle
is not life wonderful. :nahnahnah :character-oldtimer: :icon-mrgreen: :icon-mrgreen:
George Bernard Shaw

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 20 Mar 2018, 12:41

GOD is many things to many different people.....as the feminists say - "Pray to the Lord, she'll provide" :lol: