Gut healthy foods

Favourite recipes, great tips and tricks, new discoveries, healthy living ideas, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Gut healthy foods

Post by Dreamweaver » 12 Mar 2017, 13:53

Heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, arthritis, acid reflux, bacterial or viral infections, candidiasis, and acne could all be signs of chronic, low-grade inflammation in the body. Chronic, low-grade inflammation is considered a leading cause of premature aging and disease.

Foods that naturally fight inflammation can reduce this damaging and disease-promoting inflammatory cascade to bring your body back into balance:
  • Fermented foods and liquids. Probiotic drinks like Dong Quai, InnergyBiotic, Passion Fruit Biotic, and CocoBiotic can help to build immunity and control infections that may be an underlying cause of inflammation.

Broccoli. High in vitamin C and calcium, broccoli is also known to fight inflammation of the eye.

Hemp oil. Oils rich in omega-3 fatty acids can reduce inflammation; hemp oil is also a good source of anti-inflammatory gamma-linoleic acid (GLA).

Wild-caught salmon. Salmon is another prime source of beneficial omega-3s, and we recommend eating other fatty fish like cod and sardines too.

Tart cherries. Once you’ve built your inner ecosystem to reach stage 2 of the Body Ecology Diet, tart cherries can be a powerful and delicious anti-inflammatory food, reducing inflammation ten times better than aspirin.

Soaked walnuts. Soaked walnuts are another tasty anti-inflammatory snack on stage 2 of the Body Ecology Diet, high in vitamin E and heart-healthy
    omega-3s. Walnuts are best soaked before eating to make them easier to digest.

Onions and garlic. Onions are naturally high in the potent antioxidant quercetin, known to help the body fight inflammation. Garlic, as an anti-inflammatory, contains sulfur compounds that stimulate the immune system to fight disease.

Pineapple. This tart fruit is welcome on stage 2 of the Body Ecology Diet as well, containing the antioxidant bromelain as a natural booster of immunity.

Spinach. High in inflammation-reducing antioxidants called carotenoids, spinach is also an excellent source of vitamin E.

Ginger and turmeric. Turmeric contains curcumin, an ancient spice compound with countless anti-inflammatory benefits; similar to turmeric, ginger can also reduce levels of inflammation in the body and may ease pain related to arthritis.
http://bodyecology.com/articles/top_ten ... mation.php
I dream, therefore I am.

Mahalia
Moderator (Bronze Member)

Re: Gut healthy foods

Post by Mahalia » 14 Mar 2017, 13:43

Only having one kidney I am very ware of the tablets that Drs keep prescribing and try to do without medication where possible. Having suffered from reflux/heartburn for years caused in part by hernias - I have ditched the medication in favour of eating gherkins or dill pickles and it is working really well. I eat 2 gherkins before going to bed and most days make sure I have them on a sandwich/crackers/salad as well at midday. My reflux issue is almost non existent now - usually only stirred up by eating something that I know disagrees with me.

I have coconut oil in my coffee each morning - 3 teaspoons and use it for cooking and in salad dressing - cholesterol levels have dropped dramatically as has my blood pressure. My skin and hair are also better because of it.
The Scribbly Bark Poet
see some scribbles here - http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/