Windows 10 - part 2

Information, discussions, warnings, and friendly assistance with all your computer-related problems.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dusty
Silver Member

Re: Windows 10 - part 2

Post by Dusty » 04 May 2017, 14:11

Perry,a question if I may,I have xp still on my pc ( OK I need someone to drag me into this century ,I tried the free download on my 10 in laptop and it would never download, so I purchased the plug in version and that works ok on the laptop What I am wondering ,is should I attempt to try it in the pc with xp??bearing in mind I am a practicing coward
I,m right into Craft, cant remember a flamin' thing

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 04 May 2017, 16:04

Dusty, you say you have a plug-in version. Do you mean it's on a USB drive?

You can't upgrade from XP to Windows 10 but you can install 10 if you have enough oomph in the PC, which may not be the case if it's old enough to be running XP. Also, you'll be wiping your XP system, so any files you need should be saved before you upgrade.

If the PC is well enough equipped that 10 will run on it, then I'd recommend starting with an empty disk (e.g. by reformatting it).

Dusty
Silver Member

Post by Dusty » 04 May 2017, 16:22

Thanks Perry
I,m right into Craft, cant remember a flamin' thing

Phantom

Post by Phantom » 25 May 2017, 19:54

Well well surprise surprise I got this notice Would I like to download updates (or something like that) hit yes and I am up to date (Latop) No such luck on desk top win 7 though :angry-devil:
Sometimes I wake up grumpy
Other times I let her sleep

Phantom

Post by Phantom » 11 Dec 2017, 11:53

Dreamweaver wrote:
10 Aug 2016, 17:19
Apparently a common fault with Win 10 is the start button stops working. There are cures for this which are easy for most people, but not for computer dummies like me. But hooray! A simple solution is to click on it with your right mouse button, instead of left!
\:D/
Just had this happen with upgrade
Reboot fixed it Thanks for the up....Will try next time if it happens :text-thankyou: :text-thankyou:
Sometimes I wake up grumpy
Other times I let her sleep