High-frequency chip

Information, discussions, warnings, and friendly assistance with all your computer-related problems.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

High-frequency chip

Post by Dreamweaver » 27 Aug 2017, 18:09

A novel, high-frequency electronic chip potentially capable of transmitting tens of gigabits of data per second—a rate that is orders of magnitude above the fastest internet speeds available today—has been developed by engineers at the University of California, Davis.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-08-high-freq ... y.html#jCp

https://phys.org/news/2017-08-high-freq ... .html#nRlv

godfather
Diamond Member

Re: High-frequency chip

Post by godfather » 31 Aug 2017, 00:43

I told you all, the NBN will be outdated before most of us are connected.
That chip is useless for the average consumer, but hey, the Guvment my read this and change the plans once again!

:gassy_today: :gassy_today: :gassy_today:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Biggdad
Gold Member

Post by Biggdad » 31 Aug 2017, 10:13

In the mid 90s the UK were installing the original system that the labor party wanted & then the liberal party went backwards.
The UK has already dismantled or upgraded the system from the nineties.. It has cost Australia millions of dollars in wasted time
by not installing the fastest system available in the beginning :hitting_wall :hitting_wall :hitting_wall :twocents-mytwocents: !

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 01 Sep 2017, 00:22

Absolutely correct Bigdad but try and explain that to these cowboys in Canberra.
If any of them had a brain, we would need to re-classify them DANGEROUS!

:hitting_wall :hitting_wall :hitting_wall
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.