Is Trump being played by Kim?

Major issues which will affect Australia and the World

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Perrorist
Administrator

Is Trump being played by Kim?

Post by Perrorist » 13 Jun 2018, 17:51

Kim Jong-un says he'll denuclearise when the rest of the world does. Best of luck. There are nine countries with nuclear weapons: Eight countries have more nuclear weapons than North Korea

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Re: Is Trump being played by Kim?

Post by mavisbramston » 14 Jun 2018, 09:45

Kim Jong Un and Trump are playing a political game that will, to their core supporters, be seen as both historic and a peace mission. The deplorables would go into rapture even if their hero broke wind or grabbed another pussy. Having met many of them they are as intellectual as a womble on speed. They cock worship this pompous fool in a kind of sexual frenzy. He can do no wrong.
It reminds me of the infamous chats between Chamerlain and Hitler.
Trump supporters are fond of declaring HE IS THE ONLY PRESIDENT PREPARED TO DO IT.
I woud suggest he is is the only President foolish enough to attempt it. North Korea has a deplorable human right record. This was not discussed. Indeed we dont know what was discussed. Rather like Chmberlain nt brigig up the anti semetism of the Nazis.
There are very good reasons for not having this meeting.
The reasons for not having the meeting have been strategic as well as diplomatic. Although its been shaky these Presidents have avoided war.
Lets stop heaping praise on Trump.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 14 Jun 2018, 10:37

Fifty years ago, a similar deal was struck, but that time the US didn't give away anything without something in return. Trump, however, has stopped the joint military exercises without getting any concessions at all, just vaguely worded promises.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 14 Jun 2018, 11:38

The deplorable women talk about Trump the way our generation talked of Elvis. The men indulge in a kinky type of homoerotic rave. After spending a few weeks in America I can assure you the biggest worry is not not so much Trump but the repugnant garbage who voted for him.
Deplorables.?..trust me Hillary Clinton was being too politie.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 14 Jun 2018, 19:43

Kim is way in front of Trump by just attending this "summit". Trump made concessions while Kim merely trotted out vague promises and undertakings that had already been given in the past - and BROKEN. I dont see that the U.S. came away from this meeting in any way better than they entered it.

Betty
Bronze Member

Post by Betty » 14 Jun 2018, 20:39

This came up on my Facebook. :heeheehee

A rose by any other name...............

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 14 Jun 2018, 20:48

:good_one

hawkeye
Bronze Member

Post by hawkeye » 17 Jun 2018, 23:14

I expect Kim and his entourage were a bit surprised at how naive Trump was/is.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 18 Jun 2018, 00:10

I just can't believe this man.
Speaking this morning with Fox & Friends, his own version of North Korean television, Trump explained why he would like to bring Kim Jong-un to the White House: “He’s the head of the country, and I mean he’s the strong head. He speaks and his people sit up in attention. I want my people to do the same.”
Can we be sure he's not having a loan of us, laughing at taking us for a ride? Just diverting us from what his government is actually doing? Whatever, he's still a nut case.
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 18 Jun 2018, 07:27

He believes it all. Sad.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 18 Jun 2018, 22:12

I dream, therefore I am.

lynny
Diamond Member

Post by lynny » 19 Jun 2018, 08:36

Compelling watching DW!....and I have to say not a very cheerful start to the day.

He knows it, I know it, the world knows it but what can we do to stop it?

I'm still waiting for himself to step out in a white military style uniform, heavy with gold braid and a chest full of 'fake' medals.
8-[

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 01 Jul 2018, 20:11

South Korea’s border with the North is one of the most heavily armed in the world. All eligible South Korean men are currently required to serve for 21 to 24 months in the military. (North Korean men typically serve for a decade.)

But in a landmark decision, South Korea’s Constitutional Court ruled that the government must provide civilian forms of service to conscientious objectors. The South has prosecuted more young men for conscientious objection — almost all of them Jehovah’s Witnesses — than any other country, with up to three years in prison for those who refuse to serve.

(NY Times)
I dream, therefore I am.