Not all Jews are like this

Major issues which will affect Australia and the World

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Not all Jews are like this

Post by Dreamweaver » 20 May 2015, 17:52

The new Justice minister, Ayelet Sheked, justified the burning alive of a Palestinian teenager by Israeli youths in East Jerusalem…. Rabbi Eli Ben-Dahan, the new deputy defense minister, declared: “(Palestinians) are beasts, they are not humans” and “A Jew always has a much higher soul than a gentile, even if he is a homosexual.”

http://www.councilforthenationalinteres ... Vw74ekw_wp
CommDigiNews – The new Israeli government is taking an extreme stance regarding a possible Palestinian state. Prime Minister Netanyahu, during his campaign for re-election, said that a Palestinian state would never be established while he was in power.

Those in Israel and in the American Jewish community who seek peace with the Palestinians and want Israel to represent democratic values, as well as the moral and ethical Jewish tradition, now believe that the majority of Israeli voters have turned their backs on both.

In the new government, what Rabbi Michael Lerner, editor of TIKKUN, calls “the overtly racist party, HaBayit Hayehudi (Jewish Home),” will control the Justice Department, the Education Department and almost all important government offices concerned with the occupation of the West Bank.

The new Justice minister, Ayelet Sheked, who promises to limit the role of the Supreme Court, became notorious for justifying the burning alive of a Palestinian teenager by Israeli youths in East Jerusalem. She published on Facebook what Rabbi Lerner termed “in effect, genocide for Palestinians.” The posting declared that “the entire Palestinian people are the enemy” and justified its destruction, “including the elderly and its women, its cities and its villages, its property and its infrastructure.” She also called for the slaughter of Palestinian mothers who give birth to “little snakes.”

Nachman Shai, a member of Knesset from the Zionist Union, said giving Shaked the Justice ministry “would be like appointing a pyromaniac to head the fire department.” But Shaked is hardly alone.

The new government is filled with like-minded men and women. Rabbi Eli Ben-Dahan, the new deputy defense minister, responsible for the Army’s “civil administration,” on August 1, 2013 declared: “(Palestinians) are beasts, they are not humans.” On December 27, 2013 he said: “A Jew always has a much higher soul than a gentile, even if he is a homosexual.” The deal between Netanyahu and the Jewish Home party was negotiated by Ze’ev Elkin, a West Bank settler and Knesset chair of the foreign affairs and defense committees. He is a member of Netanyahu’s own Likud party and supports annexation of the West Bank into Israel. Like Netanyahu, he rejects any form of Palestinian sovereignty.

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Re: Not all Jews are like this

Post by Warrigal » 20 May 2015, 17:58

I was once a sympathiser of Israel because of the Holocaust and I still have some grudging respect for them but in many ways this nation has lost its soul.

Unfortunately I also believe that Australia's soul is in danger because of what we do to asylum seekers.
The difference between knowledge and faith is like the difference between knowing about friendship and having a friend.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 20 May 2015, 18:56

Many Jews are anti Israeli policies. It seems the Zionists are in control.

lighthouse
Silver Member

Post by lighthouse » 20 May 2015, 18:58

DW my sympathy for Israel (Gods chosen people??) ended many years ago.
When they were given the land as their country by the world in 1947, they should have been thankful and stayed inside the exterior lines.
However when the Palestinians complain about the treatment that they get from Israel, Israel goes running to America where a lot of the government power is held by Jews and the Palestinians cop it from both ways.Then when the Palestinians have had enough and the PLA make a move it all starts again.
The worst part of it all is the cocktail party calling them selves "The United Nations" should be stepping on Israel and pulling them into line. As the more Israel walk all over the Palestinians, the more the PLA will retaliate......what else can they do.Palestinians throw rocks and Israel return fire with tanks and destroy their buildings.Very nasty people.
I often wonder if this nature and their ways, is what caused the problem for the Jews in Europe all of those years ago. :thinking:
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it. ”
Helen Keller

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 20 May 2015, 19:02

I am only too aware of the sins of the Palestinians, especially when Arafat was still breathing, but every people have a right to a homeland just as the Jews did after WW11. By their actions and attitudes in recent years, I now consider Israel to be a terrorist state. In world affairs, my opinion doesnt count for much, yet there it is.
I truly believe that the only way the Palestinians will ever have a country to call home will be if the United Nations steps in and draws boundaries and enforces them - all this talk of "negotiating" by Israel is just a ploy to keep the Palestinians subjugated and in poverty.
:kiss_my_bum:

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 20 May 2015, 21:10

It's not easy. Palestine was mainly abandoned waste land. Wealthy Arab absentee landlords sold large amounts to Jews, their tenants dispossessed. Israel regenerated the land, and most Palestinians there now are comparitively recent arrivals. But only comparatively, as it has been regarded as their home now for many years. Telling them to go home is like telling white settlers here to go home really not too long ago.

I can understand the legalistic arguments, but I can't understand the humanistic lack. At some point they have todraw a line on the past and deal with things as they stand now. Humanely.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 17 Sep 2017, 12:53

Vexed argument in the Labor Party about relations with Israel is set to come to a head at the conference later this month of the party’s dominant New South Wales branch. Barring the successful intervention of federal Labor, the NSW branch will call for recognition of Palestine along lines of various Scandinavian countries, including Sweden.

According to reports, the motion:

… notes previous resolutions on Israel/Palestine carried at the 2015 ALP national conference and the 2016 NSW Labor annual conference and urges the next Labor government to recognise Palestine.
This outcome would put the state branch on a collision course – potentially – with the Shorten-led forces that fought hard at Labor’s federal conference in Melbourne in 2015 to resist such an outcome. In the end a compromise resolution was accepted, under which Labor would work with:

… like-minded nations who have already recognised Palestine and announce the conditions and timelines for the Australian recognition of a Palestinian state.
That is, if there was no progress toward a two-state solution. Clearly, there has been no progress.

https://theconversation.com/labor-motio ... tion-80610