Crazy KIM ups the danger of a world war AGAIN!

Major issues which will affect Australia and the World

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

grandduke
Diamond Member

Re: Crazy KIM ups the danger of a world war AGAIN!

Post by grandduke » 17 Sep 2017, 16:06

Time to make Yum Cha out of this dude. :character-oldtimer:
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 17 Sep 2017, 19:02

grandduke wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 16:06
Time to make Yum Cha out of this dude. :character-oldtimer:
And condemn how many to becoming yum cha for his supporters? And make no mistake, he has them. Brain washing exists in all ideologies.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 21 Sep 2017, 16:41

Just a thought:

"We burned down every town in North Korea... we killed off twenty percent of the population" - US General Curtis LeMay

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 21 Sep 2017, 22:44

Yes Perro, that was during the Korean war. Don't forget that the NK forces with Chinese backing drove the SK and US right back down to Busan afterwards before it was agreed to call the border at the 38th parallel.
We are now in the 21st Century and many things have changed.
It won't be easy whilst Seoul is in artillery range and Japan in nuclear range.
If anything does happen it must be pre-emptive but that would draw the Chinese back into the fight again.

Nah, no safe way to avoid a disaster other than DIPLOMACY!

:sad: :sad: :sad:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 22 Sep 2017, 05:38

Trump is the person least likely ever to become a diplomat.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 22 Sep 2017, 13:23

We may be safe if they keep shouting at one another
but the little fat NK should not underestimate the Yanks
because if its generals can see an advantage Un and half
his country will be gone. 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 22 Sep 2017, 14:41

Kim's not giving up his nuclear weapons and I don't blame him. They're the only things that will prevent the US from taking him out.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 22 Sep 2017, 17:11

Kim has seriously overplayed his hand and though it may take a while, I dont forsee any kind of happy ending in this for him personally or NK as a nation.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 22 Sep 2017, 17:42

The world knows little about the palace politics in North Korea, the world’s most opaque country. Yet it seems like Kim is acting intelligently

Let's stop calling North Korea 'crazy' and understand their motives

South Korea has the most to gain (eventual unification of the peninsula) and lose (a bloody war, the destruction of Seoul) from the North Korea situation. It’s important to remember that $450m in cash goes a long way, especially in North Korea. That’s why Donald Trump and Rex Tillerson should keep South Korea in the loop.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... nd-motives

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 22 Sep 2017, 18:15

kfchugo wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 17:11
Kim has seriously overplayed his hand and though it may take a while, I dont forsee any kind of happy ending in this for him personally or NK as a nation.
I think he's acting quite rationally. You need to put yourself in his shoes and ask what you would do in the circumstances.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 22 Sep 2017, 22:56

Kim is a trigger happy guy and ruthless to boot.
He can't afford to start the shooting but is taunting Trump to do so.
He also knows that Trump is a hothead and is very likely to fall for Kim's tactics.

I'll bet my last dollar that Kim will have more than just one nuke ready for the event that Trump loses his patience.
One nuke will be labelled "S.K." and the other one "Tokyo". There will be no winner and the US will be forever the bad guys!

GD, how do you see the Generals winning the war for the World without Kim firing at least a couple of nukes?
Send in Rambo????

:eek :eek :eek
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 23 Sep 2017, 10:04

Ah yes, Rambo forgot about him but and there is always a BUT. :character-oldtimer:
The US will have its nuclear submarines sitting in the south China sea
and they will have all UNs launch sites covered.

GOODY UN. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
George Bernard Shaw

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 23 Sep 2017, 17:13

Kim may well be acting rationally, at least by some standards but his threats will only carry him so far. I doubt that Trump would ever be stupid enough to fire off the FIRST nuke - he would only respond thus if NK fired one first. Trump may well however fire the first shot in a conventional weapon wars. Trump is hugely unpredictable and has a monstrous ego - Kim is poking a smoking dragon in calling him a "dotard" and a "barking dog".
I doubt that insults alone would trigger a war, but Kim has threatened to test a nuclear weapon in the Pacific - should he take such a step,(testing a missile with a live nuclear warhead) he may well "let loose the dogs of war".
Just my personal opinion, but I think that Trump is just itching to rain down fire and brimstone on NK but does not want to be seen to make a pre-emptive strike. He is waiting for Kim to make a wrong move to justify horrendous retaliation. So far, we have not seen large military movement by the U.S. toward NK, but I will be mighty nervous if we see such a buildup. On the other hand, Trump might be cagey enough to give the nod to South Korea and/or Japan to make the first move, then "go to the aid of his allies".

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 23 Sep 2017, 20:39

Kfchugo, yes I can see how Trump can get drawn into a possible attack mode.
IMHO, the likely hood of SK or Japan to drop their guards and start a conflict with NK is probably in the millions against!
Whether the US will come and rescue either country is obviously a big YES just because that is Trump's way of thinking.
I have my reservations that either SK or Japan have the intend to start such an aggressive act. Both countries have been through
wars, Japan being the only country having ever been through a nuclear war, their peoples are not looking towards another serious conflict and I am confident that neither of SK or Japan will want to start WWIII. Trump may ask the silly questions but there is no possible way that either of the two could (or should) even consider to follow Trump's intentions. We are talking about two very progressive, inventive and practical societies who, I believe, would not want to become prostitutes for the sake of satisfying Trump!

GD, what about Kim's subs with nuclear warheads? Any idea where they are at present?

I am not a Kim lover, quite the opposite, but I am concerned that the rhetoric being sold that Kim is a 'push-over' is very wrong!

:worried: :worried: :worried:

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 23 Sep 2017, 20:48

I'm getting irritated at hearing NK referred to on the ABC News as a rogue state. It's a perfectly legitimate state. How else could it have a seat in the UN?