What's Putin's game???

Major issues which will affect Australia and the World

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Trishia

What's Putin's game???

Post by Trishia » 08 Mar 2018, 09:12

Putin is praising TRUMP and attacking the American system at the same time. He refers to Trump as "balanced", a word most of us would NOT use when referring to Trump.
As they say "Judge a Man by his ACTIONS!"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-08/p ... lf/9525632

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Re: What's Putin's game???

Post by mavisbramston » 08 Mar 2018, 10:04

I believe Putins idealogy is very similar to Trumps. The treatment of minorities such as gays and others Putins Russia is cruel and at times horrific. Gays are murdered and nothing is done.
Other minoities recieve similar treatment.
Ok they seem to have had a ebirh of their eligion but that has brought with it all the evils of Christain fundamentalism. Another great post Tricia.
The new rich of aRussia are dominating the world. Look at Thailand. They have no respect for Thai culture. I visit often and its awful what thy are doing.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 08 Mar 2018, 12:12

Serves his purpose having an idiot in the White House. Putin will work it to his advantage.

Leonie

Post by Leonie » 08 Mar 2018, 14:07

Yes, it certainly appears he wanted Trump there - and worked on getting him there. He must have his reasons.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 09 Mar 2018, 08:31

mavisbramston wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 10:04
I believe Putins idealogy is very similar to Trumps. The treatment of minorities such as gays and others Putins Russia is cruel and at times horrific. Gays are murdered and nothing is done.
Other minoities recieve similar treatment.
Ok they seem to have had a rebirthaof their religion but that has brought with it all the evils of Christain fundamentalism. Another great post Tricia.
The new rich of Russia are dominating the world. Look at Thailand. They have no respect for Thai culture. I visit often and its awful what thy are doing.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 09 Mar 2018, 08:31

Put the bootin Putin.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 09 Mar 2018, 09:11

The saddest thing is that we really do get the leaders we deserve. New democracies often get leaders worse than their previous dictators, and look at the governments that long term democracies elect anyway.

S'peers is a bit like an echo chamber, where we hear our own voices reflected back at us, but the voices of many Aussies are rather different. There can be hidden thoughts too, unvoiced for being not 'politically correct', that are full of venom. I think Australians have the best culture, but it certainly isn't perfect. But if we deserve Turnbull, if America deserves Trump, then Russia deserves Putin. I think. But would be happy to hear other opinions.
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 09 Mar 2018, 18:33

My first thoughts would be that we get the leaders we deserve. However, so much of our opinions is manipulated, that I think we get what others think we deserve.