Greens: trouble at the mill

Major issues which will affect Australia and the World

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Greens: trouble at the mill

Post by Buck_naked » 10 Mar 2018, 09:39

Greens in trouble. whupped in tasmania, volunteers in Batman byelection leaving.
Looks like a big stabbathon this weekend at the party conference
http://junkee.com/greens-factional-war- ... ham/147727

Slapsy

Re: Greens: trouble at the mill

Post by Slapsy » 10 Mar 2018, 14:07

It appears that they are aligning themselves so close to Trumble,and his rabble,that they are looking more like the liberals.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 10 Mar 2018, 16:48

Wrong, both of you. Yes, there's disagreement with one hopeful aspirant for a senate seat trying to change the rules to suit her, and another who won't face up the responsible body for blabbing to the ABC, but that's the extent of it. The Greens are no different to other parties, indeed to other movements. It's human nature for people to disagree over political issues. Ask Tony Abbott.

The Tasmania election was bought by powerful gaming interests, as has been widely acknowledged. When a single issue dominates an election, minor parties get pushed out as the two big boys slug it out.

As for Victoria, the opposition to the proposed tunnel by both the LNP and Greens is not an alliance. They oppose it for different reasons. They're a long, long way from being best friends forever.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 10 Mar 2018, 20:56

With the leader of the party trying hard to push his chief of staff into the senate,are the Greens any different to the two bigger parties? Maybe,it is the leader who is the problem.
This interesting article shows exactly what our present problem is : http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-09/p ... ob/9360836 ...I think Buck's link is referring to the last 2/3 job descriptions,of our present batch of politicians.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 10 Mar 2018, 21:12

If you want a broad representation of the public, scrap elections and institute a random call up, like they do for jury service.
You don't need expertise, that's supposed to be the role of the public service. You need humanity.
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 11 Mar 2018, 07:42

Di Natale's chief-of-staff is hoping to be selected for a forthcoming vacancy in the NSW senate. I don't think he's behind it, but I could be wrong.

At first I thought he'd make a good leader, but he's proven to be weak as well as wanting the Greens to be like the two mainstream parties. That's the main cause of difference in the Greens. In NSW, a good number prefer not to be seen as another Australian Democrats. We've seen where that leads.