Shalom

Major issues which will affect Australia and the World

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Re: Shalom

Post by Dreamweaver » 18 May 2018, 12:27

The Israelites of course aren't as ancient as their forebears, the Hebrewites, and certainly not as ancient as Philistine, which is Palestine.
I think that UN Israeli needs to study a little more history! :lol:

https://www.timemaps.com/encyclopedia/h ... palestine/
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 18 May 2018, 12:38

And from Snopes
This is but one of three examples of the same basic tale we began encountering in August 2008 (to the point that it’s difficult to ascertain which version came first), all of them involving long-standing territorial disputes. Like the old joke about the horse-stealing ancestor of a modern politician, new names are plugged into the existing story to change the target, with virtually everything else left verbatim. For example, another version features the same Middle Eastern land dispute between Israelis and Palestinians, simply switching the roles found in the previous version:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/land-grab/
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 19 May 2018, 19:39

Video: Israeli forces attack Palestinian medics attempting to save injured youth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... zPkPIiVXIw

RAMALLAH (Ma‘an) 13 Mar — Video captured on Monday shows Israeli forces assaulting Palestinian medics in the central occupied West Bank city of al-Bireh as they were attempting to aid a Palestinian who had been shot during clashes in the area. The four paramedics, including one woman, were identified as Nisreen Amireh, Ayman Qurt, Attiyeh al-Dweik and Muhammad Omar. Witnesses told Ma‘an that after the injured Palestinian, whose identity remained unknown, was shot, another youth attempted to help him, when Israeli soldiers attacked them, injuring both in attempts to detain them. The four paramedics, who were on the scene as volunteers, were beaten, pushed and allegedly threatened by soldiers of being shot and pepper-sprayed before Israeli soldiers opened live fire were in the air above their heads. Despite being beaten and pushed around, video of the assault shows the medics repeatedly attempting to rescue the injured youth.
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 19 May 2018, 19:43

I dream, therefore I am.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 20 May 2018, 15:32

Australia and US voted against a UN investigation. :hhuuuhhhh
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 20 May 2018, 18:04

It's time we stopped being the US's lapdog. It's humiliating.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 20 May 2018, 19:57

There is a new 11th Commandment....."It is okay to kill unarmed Palestinians, but thou shalt not contradict Israel".

hawkeye
Bronze Member

Post by hawkeye » 24 May 2018, 06:21

The Palestinians and the Israelis have been fighting most of my adult life. Since the 1970 most american presidents have encouraged the two to enter into a peace accord. It has not happened. Now here's my take on this issue. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong for who is judging the right or wrongness. Israel is the stronger nation. If they say Jesuasalem is the capital of Israel and Jerusalem belongs to Israel, so be it. Let it happen. Nothing has worked in the past. If Israel needs or wants more land and they have the whetherall to take it, I say go get it. Let's face it. There ain't no Santa Clause. If the Palestinians have no homeland, who cares. It's been this way forever more. They don't want one unless it's handed to them nice and neat. I'd say Israel should now take charge. If the Mussulum God and the Jewish God want to duke it out, well and good. But here on the ground in the Middle East, Israel has the most say, so post it. "Keep out. Trespassers will be shot."
Last edited by hawkeye on 24 May 2018, 22:26, edited 3 times in total.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 24 May 2018, 12:20

Sorry Hawkeye, but using your logic, whomever has the most money and the biggest guns should rule the world......that is NOT how things should run.... do you fancy a crash course in chinese, for example? The people of this world want justice and fair play.....I dont believe the Israeli government even understand those terms.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 24 May 2018, 17:11

I dream, therefore I am.

Betty
Bronze Member

Post by Betty » 25 May 2018, 00:36

kfchugo wrote:
20 May 2018, 19:57
There is a new 11th Commandment....."It is okay to kill unarmed Palestinians, but thou shalt not contradict Israel".
Nice one. =D=
A rose by any other name...............

hawkeye
Bronze Member

Post by hawkeye » 25 May 2018, 12:12

All I'm saying is that we've been playing this game in the middle east since the 1940's. Let's try something else or quit playing. Why does Austrlia care
anyway. Why does america care? Maybe we should try to convince Egypt to give the Palistenins a homeland. Maybe we should wash our hands of the whole mess, let Trump declare Palestine a S-H country.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 25 May 2018, 12:52

America cares because Israel is its client state in the midst of large oil reserves.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 25 May 2018, 17:38

After WW11, the Jews were given their homeland (Israel).....why do the Palestinians NOT have a similar entitlement? :twocents-mytwocents:

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 25 May 2018, 18:29

Hawkeye, I have known you for many years now, and from your writings on another site I know you have cared about others.
If things have changed, you must be pretty cheesed off with life in general - health, politics, etc,
Sending you some :bear_hug and :good_luck !
I dream, therefore I am.