Cross the bloody floor

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Slapsy

Re: Cross the bloody floor

Post by Slapsy » 09 Aug 2017, 13:52

Perry,are you reinforcing my earlier post,or is the post,above,just a seniors moment? :oops :heeheehee
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 09 Aug 2017, 14:05

Slapsy wrote:
09 Aug 2017, 13:49
Mavis,you are probably wondering why I have changed my opinion. I have spoken to my local federal member,who has done his own polling in the electorate,and found that a majority have no problems with him voting in favour. If all politicians did something similar,then there would be no need for this expensive opinion poll,no matter which version is used.
I believe that either form of plebiscite should be boycotted. Send these lazy politicians a message to get off their backsides,and do their bloody jobs. Mine has,so what's wrong with the rest of them.
It takes a man of great integrity and intelligence to change or reassess his ideas.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 10 Aug 2017, 11:52

Please remember as I often tell my kids that Robert Kennedy once said that in the end a society is always judged on how it treats its minorities. I am not all that certain this cruel postal vote which is an outrageous waste of money will actually pass. If a no vote is delivered and it might it will please hateful red necks but cause sadness to a minority who really do not deserve this contempt.
Please lets all support our gay community.

Trishia

Post by Trishia » 10 Aug 2017, 14:27

HERE HERE! =D=

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 10 Aug 2017, 16:29

While I have reservations, the yes vote I will give
if only to defeat that Rat Abbott and his morons. :character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer:
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 10 Aug 2017, 17:58

I have no reservations. I'll be voting YES.

I've heard a number of people, including those who couldn't care less one way or another, complain about the government spending $122 million on something that could so easily be settled in parliament by a conscience vote. They wonder why, and they can't understand how the government can find the money yet plead there's nothing in the pot for other stuff. This won't help the LNP in the polls, I'm sure.

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 10 Aug 2017, 20:12

How will the ABS run a postal vote?
will they get a list of voters from the electoral commission?
How will it work? Just wonderin'.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 10 Aug 2017, 20:28

I hope that it won't get to a postal vote and a waste of $122m of our money.
A High Court challenge has been made and will be heard urgently!

:text-thankyou: :text-thankyou: :text-thankyou:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 11 Aug 2017, 05:00

The ABS ran the last census, and look how well that turned out.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 11 Aug 2017, 06:57

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 12 Aug 2017, 19:33

"First Dog on the Moon" opinion:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... h-flippers

Sorry, it actually was Brenda the Penguin!

:heeheehee :heeheehee :heeheehee
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 14 Aug 2017, 00:29

If there ever was an excellent case made for compulsory voting, it's the election of Donald Trump. Boris Johnson's Brexit vote is another example, whereby it was possible to thwart the will of the majority.

The optional nature of the Liberal Party's Mickey Mouse postal survey, let alone the gaps in registration, is why Tony Abbott's 'No' vote can win.
http://www.theage.com.au/comment/tony-a ... 811-gxuj1d
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 27 Aug 2017, 19:13

Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce will throw his company's support behind the Yes campaign for same-sex marriage, despite pointed criticism from Coalition ministers earlier this year.

Key points:
Alan Joyce has been vocal on the issue of same-sex marriage since early this year
His stance prompted a man to smash a meringue pie into his face in May
The Qantas chief will continue to campaign during the lead-up to the postal vote
Mr Joyce was one of 20 high-profile chief executives who agitated for same-sex marriage in March,

"Where else in the world would an openly gay Irish man become the CEO of one of the biggest brands, if not the most iconic brand?

Other Australian businesses which have expressed their support for same-sex marriage include Telstra, Commonwealth Bank, AGL Energy and NRMA Insurance.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-25/a ... ge/8842332
I dream, therefore I am.

maybenot

Post by maybenot » 16 Sep 2017, 10:53

Got my voting paper yesterday and threw it in the bin ... what a farcical waste of money ... got my electricity bill too and, whilst I have no concerns with paying it ( I budget well) the rising cost of power is of far more concern to me than whether 2 blokes/sheilas get a bit of paper wave around
Reality is ruining my life

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 16 Sep 2017, 11:28

You are not paying attention Maybenot. Earlier this week Malcolm assured everyone that power bills are not going up.

:hitting_wall :hitting_wall :teary
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89