What. . They dont pay tax!

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

What. . They dont pay tax!

Post by mavisbramston » 28 Sep 2017, 10:49

I had no idea that churches do not pay taxes? That cant be true is it. No idea I did not know this.
So in other words they campaign to deprive my son and many other people equality and my taxe s helps them out?
Hell the hefty taxes I pay also pay the pensions of no voters. So these parasites are quite happy to live off the earnings of young gay folk and at the same time deny them the rights that are enjoyes in most other democratic countries . My applogies to yes voting pensioners . Good on you!
Is it true churches dont pay tax? Not fair!

grandduke
Diamond Member

Re: What. . They dont pay tax!

Post by grandduke » 28 Sep 2017, 10:55

Welcome to reality, Mavis.
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 28 Sep 2017, 13:59

It's a massive rort. Their argument is that it they're charitable organisations, but if you've seen how much money is collected by Hillsong Church's Brian Houston (over $100m pa), you'd soon see where charity begins. Houston owns a yacht, an aeroplane, lives in a mansion, yet Hillsong's accounts aren't available for inspection. The church teaches a "prosperity" gospel. It's most prominent member in Australia is Scott Morrison. Justin Bieber is a member of the US offshoot.

Houston hid the fact that his father was a paedophile who attempted to buy off a victim with an offer of $100,000. He was reprimanded by the Royal Commission into Child Abuse for this (http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/royal-commiss ... l5esn.html).

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 28 Sep 2017, 19:00

Religions are the greatest scammers on the planet.
and there is no shortage of gullible fools lining up to be scammed. :character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer:

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 28 Sep 2017, 19:41

Morrison, confirms my view of him as a Turkey.
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 28 Sep 2017, 22:47

Grand duke you are right I need a reality check. I thought it was about tax breaks...but no tax. Streuth.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 29 Sep 2017, 10:22

While some religions do SOME charitable or community works, the funds they expend pale into insignificance compared to the amounts they rake in - a review of the status quo is long overdue and MOST should be paying tax. There are always exceptions however, and the Salvation Army springs to mind as one such.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 29 Sep 2017, 13:02

I am involved in the yes campaign....The no have heaps more money its incredible.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 29 Sep 2017, 13:28

I wonder who bankrolls the No campaign...

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 29 Sep 2017, 13:58

mavisbramston wrote:
29 Sep 2017, 13:02
I am involved in the yes campaign....The no have heaps more money its incredible.
Of course they have heaps more money to spend. They haven't been sitting back waiting for it to be placed in their lap. They knew they had a fight on their hands,and were prepared for it. I certainly don't agree with the lies they are telling,or the side issues they are raising,I would have thought that christians would be better than that,but considering some of the spokespeople,I may be wrong.
I am certainly not a christian,and I don't agree that mainstream religions are not supporting SSM. I saw a report the other day stating that out of all the catholic dioceses in Australia,only three bishops have spoken against it,but many have spoken in support. Not too bad for a group of people described here as parasites,eh.
After speaking to a number of gay friends and relatives I have made my decision,and I feel no shame what so ever. In fact,many of the friends I have spoken to encouraged me to do it.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 29 Sep 2017, 14:31

There should not be a blanket non-taxing scheme for all religions, but some system is needed that assists any organisation, religious or not, that is spending on charity. From the times of rich abbots related to important people, religion has been tied to both charity and greed. Many today,like the Salvos, Uniting Care, Vinnies, and many we don't hear about, do more good than others .

Persecution of gays is most likely to come from lay people, including lay preachers, who have not had much theological education. More than five hundred religious leaders have sent an open letter to the Prime Minister and the Government in support of marriage equality. http://www.outinperth.com/500-religious ... upport-pm/
Homosexuality issues
An issue regularly debated almost from the inception of the Uniting Church in Australia is the place of gay and lesbian people in the church and, in particular, the possibility of their ordination and the blessing of same-sex unions. Currently, the church permits local presbyteries to ordain openly gay and lesbian ministers.[21]

The fairly broad consensus has been that a person's sexual orientation should not be a bar to attendance, membership or participation in the life of the church. More controversial has been the issue of sexual activity by gay and lesbian people and, arising from this, the sexual behaviour of ordination candidates. In 2003, the church voted to allow local presbyteries to decide whether to ordain openly gay and lesbian people as ministers.[22] Although same-sex marriage is not recognised by the law in Australia, ministers may provide blessing services for same-sex couples entering into civil unions.[23
You might be interested in this fight, 4 years ago, within a church. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDQWQE-oztQ
I dream, therefore I am.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 01 Oct 2017, 14:00

Dream you are quite correct. We have recieved beautiful support from unlikely sources. Not all Chrisians hate gay people nor do they use the horrid eupanisms like I dont mind gays as long as they dont flaunt it. Heterosexuals ,myself included, flaunt all the time. Why not? The other one we loathe is give them civil unions..
Many on silver peers understand our family has special reasons for supporting the cause. You supprt means a lot.I will NEVER understand why my sons marriage is accepted just about every where EXCEPT his own country.