Malcolm & his cheap power

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Biggdad
Gold Member

Malcolm & his cheap power

Post by Biggdad » 18 Oct 2017, 17:27

Just got Malcolms cheap reliable Power bill. $564 for 90 days.
The sooner we get This LYING arsehole & his party out of office the better! :character-oldtimer: :flaming_mad :flaming_mad :hitting_wall

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Re: Malcolm & his cheap power

Post by kfchugo » 18 Oct 2017, 20:24

Which LYING arsehole would you replace him with? Whomever is running the country will see power prices continue to increase before they begin to fall..... I cant see us EVER being much better off. A log cabin out in the hills with an accompanying "catch and kill" lifestyle is becoming ever more desirable.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 18 Oct 2017, 20:52

I think kfchugo has the right idea. There is no one in Parliament who's name springs to mind and who is not a lying arsehole.
I'll certainly would like to see Turnbull gone but can't say that the prospects of Dutton or Brandis or Pyne would make me wet my pants from excitement.
Even Labor looks bereft of some progressive leaders and De Natale just doesn't cut it for me at all!

I thought that the new power prices didn't come to effect until the end of 2018 but I am not sure.
Just haven't got to follow it closely because as expected, it is all smoke and mirrors anyway!

:hitting_wall :hitting_wall :hitting_wall
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 18 Oct 2017, 21:02

I didn't think the $2/wk saving came in until 2020. Truffles will be relaxing on a beach in the Caymans by then,counting his money.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 18 Oct 2017, 21:10

The projected savings -- which are based on a theoretical estimate of how effective the energy suppliers keep their promises -- are expected to take effect between 2020 and 2030, with the $150 pa saving occurring at the end of that period. It's a con trick, same as Abbott's saving of $550 pa if the carbon tax was removed (instead prices have risen 100% since), and Whyalla never did get wiped out by the carbon tax.

One beats me is why no-one's calling out the state governments who privatised energy assets. This has resulted in unnecessary competition and exorbitant spot pricing that deterred retailers from buying when demand was at its highest. So you take a natural monopoly, sell it to your mates, who then slice and dice it and make huge profits at our expense. So much for free enterprise.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 19 Oct 2017, 09:29

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 19 Oct 2017, 13:16

Can someone show me where in the constitution of australia it states that the federal government is responsible for power?
If the everything now requires federal action what is the point of having state governments?
might as well abolish them and save money with less snouts in the trough. :character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer:

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 19 Oct 2017, 15:05

Buck, just about everyone agrees that Australians are over governed and that state government is unnecessary. However, if we abolish state government, what on earth would we do with all those unemployed (and unemployable) MP's? The simple solution would be to just shoot 'em, but then the "greenies" would be outraged - cant please everyone I guess! :nahnahnah