Thank you Mr Andrews

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Thank you Mr Andrews

Post by mavisbramston » 06 Nov 2017, 09:04

One of the great achievements of the Andrews Government is the safe schools project. It has actually saved lives and teenage suicide has declined as has bullying and sexism and homophobia.
I have copied this from the Education Department. It is worth reading the whole program. It is wonderful. Here however is their summary.
The ridiculous NO campaign may still win because of their lies . Some of the claims are r idiculous. Boys being forced to wear dresses....give me a break!

Myths and facts

From time to time, ill-informed and false information is circulated about the Safe Schools program. Select a myth below to learn the facts:

Myth: The Safe Schools program is a compulsory part of the school curriculum.
Myth: The Safe Schools program is teaching sex education and/or sexual practices to students, including material that is not age-appropriate.
Myth: The Safe Schools program encourages students to question or change their gender or sexuality.
Myth: The Safe Schools program teaches radical gender theory.
Myth: The Safe Schools program teaches there are 63 different genders.
Myth: The Safe Schools program encourages use of props.
Myth:The Safe Schools program asks students to role play same-sex relationships.
Myth: The Safe Schools program isn’t a real anti-bullying program.
Myth: All government and non-government schools are forced to join the program.
Myth: Parents are not given an opportunity to consent to their child’s participation and the program disregards the wishes of parents who do not want their children to participate.
Myth: Students are told not to discuss the content of the Safe Schools program with people outside of school, including their parents.
Myth: The program promotes and teaches children to undertake behaviour such as chest-binding and cross-dressing.
Myth: The Safe Schools program promotes cross dressing.
Myth: Schools are overstepping their role by participating in the Safe Schools program.
Myth: The proposal to change the law to give same-sex couples the right to marry is linked to the Safe Schools program.
Myth: Respectful Relationships and the Safe Schools program are the same.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Re: Thank you Mr Andrews

Post by mavisbramston » 06 Nov 2017, 10:08

For some reason the NO voters have nade this an issue so I just wanted to correct the lies.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 10 Nov 2017, 01:27

Mavis, I guess the above is from the Victorian Education web site?
Luckily, in Qld we didn't have such unfounded rubbish from the NO campaign or I have missed it.

I read the list and find some claims are churlish and idiotic with the writers intelligence probably more suitable to writing cartoons.
I am very surprised that this type of crap hasn't seen daylight before the close of the survey. However, it will really make the public mad
if by any chance the NO vote gets up to win!

We shall know in a couple of days time, and Penny Wong said today that a YES win will trigger the tabling of a law before Parliament rises for the Christmas break.

That would be a fly in the soup for some, hey?

:eek :eek :eek
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal » 10 Nov 2017, 06:57

I still don't trust the parliament to deliver if the YES vote gets up. They will try to nobble the legislation in some way that will cause the opposition to oppose it IMO.
If you don't have an ASIO file by now then you should be ashamed of yourself.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 10 Nov 2017, 08:42

Its hard to find much good from all this.
I did however learn something.
I am an atheist. No great surprises there.
Never thought Christains were nice people indeed I hated them.
During this campaign I met lots of Christains offering my family support. Indeed lots of love.
They also were YES voters.
I retract any past comments.
Most christain people have been lovely and not the horrid no people I thought they would be.
I am sorry if I offended at times. If I am wrong I will always admit it.