Peace shattered!

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Trishia

Peace shattered!

Post by Trishia » 13 Nov 2017, 09:56

There I was, sleeping peacefully at 7AM, and then suddenly awakened by a CRASH. The wrecking machine had started to demolish the house next door and for the next few months, we will have NOISE< NOISE< NOISE!
The sad thing is, that this was a very nice house. Solid cement brick and a nice design with a built in front porch, where you could sit. However it was not flash enough for our Malaysian neighbours. They want a double storey house, so they can show off to their families visiting them from time to time.
I am worried that all our light will be cut off . Luckily it will be the South light and not the North, for which I am grateful.
The thing that is upsetting me is the WASTE of good houses and materials all around us.
The people who are benefitting most are the BUILDERS, who mostly come from foreign countries.
Also the quality of the replacements is NOT good! They will be falling down in 20 years or so.
Our suburban streets are being ruined by these menaces.
So if I seem a bit out of sorts for the next few months, you will know why!
:flaming_mad

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Re: Peace shattered!

Post by mavisbramston » 13 Nov 2017, 10:04

Its horrid My lovely family home which I had spent over 150 grand renovating was demolished and replaced by a similar home Tricia. I can never go back to look. Make sure you keep an eye on the plans

Trishia

Post by Trishia » 13 Nov 2017, 12:34

Thanks Mavis, we certainly will keep an eye on the plans. :happy-sunshine:

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 13 Nov 2017, 23:55

Out with the old and in with the new is the motto of many businesses now, without regard to quality. A neighbouring village had solid dining tables and chairs, some with arms. Laminex, metal and vinyl. They were solid enough to support anyone at risk of falling, gave support in standing up, and were in good condition . They have been replaced by very pretty light weight ones, tables that slide away if leaned on, not one chair with arms, doubt if they'll see the next 5 years out. Cosmetics, for a place on the market, I reckon!
I dream, therefore I am.