Vale Flo

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Re: Vale Flo

Post by Dreamweaver » 06 Jan 2018, 22:51

Was free yesterday - sudden death!

Try this - http://www.smh.com.au/comment/obituarie ... uxu4r.html
I dream, therefore I am.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 07 Jan 2018, 01:37

CM free yesterday?
Sorry, but that is difficult to understand because ALL MAJOR Murdoch's papers have been pay-walled for many, many months now!

IMHO, Lady Flo was as bad as old Joh himself, and don't you worry about that!
Greedy, insensitive to Aboriginal issues and totally besotted by Religion, but her famous Pumpkin scones were delicious!

:twocents-mytwocents: :twocents-mytwocents: :twocents-mytwocents:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 07 Jan 2018, 09:14

godfather wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 01:37
CM free yesterday?
Sorry, but that is difficult to understand because ALL MAJOR Murdoch's papers have been pay-walled for many, many months now!
That's where I read it - must have been some sort of glitch? The SMH link leads to the same article, I think. You can sort of read between the lines!
IMHO, Lady Flo was as bad as old Joh himself, and don't you worry about that!
Greedy, insensitive to Aboriginal issues and totally besotted by Religion, but her famous Pumpkin scones were delicious!

:twocents-mytwocents: :twocents-mytwocents: :twocents-mytwocents:
I'm told she was the brains. I well understood their local popularity, as I lived just across the range from them. I've heard that a word from either of them would have officials turn a blind eye to infringements of minor regulations. "They are on our side." :icon_biggrin:
I dream, therefore I am.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 07 Jan 2018, 12:11

Let the dead rest in peace be they sinners or saints. Consign Jo and Flo to history which will be their judge in the long term anyway.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 07 Jan 2018, 15:13

Yes, history will be their judge.
Perhaps when one enters public life, that one becomes part of history, remaining public, to be studied and learned from.
That's not the same as their personal life, where family and friends keep their own private cherished memories.
Public opinion can vary widely, but more important it is to understand the background to such a one's 'good' and 'bad' points.
I think, anyway. :twocents-mytwocents:
I dream, therefore I am.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 07 Jan 2018, 18:36

Teddy wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 10:32
It is my understanding this post is about the Senator Florence Beljke Petersen(not about her husband!) who served as a senator in Canberra from 1981 to 1993,& whom I believe was well liked there by those both sides of politics. She was a very gracious lady, well loved by the Kingaroy residents, who always found her to be so helpful whether privately or to any of the town's organisations.
Just a comment by one who has posted on this subject which I found hilarious, Sir Joh as a marriage celebrant :lol: re a member of his family's marriage, whatever Sir Joh was or wasn't, he was never a Marriage celebrant! :lol:
I was only a guest at that wedding Teddy. Maybe somebody was just winding my brother's FIL up,but Flo and Joh did arrive in the car park,but did not get out of the car. I can assure you,though,the comment from my brother's FIL was certainly not the only unfavourable one.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 07 Jan 2018, 21:05

Perhaps he had been asked to propose a toast!
I have a different opinion of them now than I did before, being amazed then how people swallowed the rhetoric, and thinking 'talk is cheap'.

Now I'm more inclined to think they could have been genuine, it was just the appeal of country bumpkins to country bumpkins. But despite local popularity, there were certainly other voices - not every country dweller is a 'bumpkin'! :lol:
I dream, therefore I am.

Teddy
Diamond Member

Post by Teddy » 08 Jan 2018, 11:32

Slapsy wrote:
23 Dec 2017, 09:19
Joh was rumoured to be performing my youngest brother's wedding ceremony,in a park in Kingaroy. When a car pulled up,with Jo and Flo in the back my brother's FIL said,quite firmly,"If that thieving old bastard gets out of that car I am going home". After some negotiations the car moved off,with the two still in the back.
If it is good enough to speak the truth about people when they are alive,why not when they are dead?
Performing a wedding ceremony in a park would be performed by a marriage celebrant & not by a politician who was not a marriage celebrant!
Re your comment if it is good enough to speak the truth about people when they are alive, why not when they are dead.
Obviously Slapsy in this instance, a case of practice falling short of theory ?!