Hypocritical slob

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Hypocritical slob

Post by mavisbramston » 07 Feb 2018, 18:18

What a piece of work!
Normally I would say what happens in the private life of a person should be their business.
Not this time!
Barnaby Joyce did all he could to destroy the dreams of people during the war on marriage equality.It was a drak period in our historywhen we must never forget the hate dished out by the no campaign. He claimed he believed in traditional marriage.

Really?

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: Hypocritical slob

Post by Perrorist » 07 Feb 2018, 20:47

If Barnaby had been a female politician, especially a Labor one, do you think the media would have dealt so respectfully with this issue by keeping it under wraps for so long?

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 07 Feb 2018, 21:13

His ex wife laid the boot in today, saying it started when the staffer was an employee.
Leigh Sales went after Barnaby on the 7:30 report, -the interview went for 13 minutes.
Seems he could be in trouble if he used tax payer money to fund his affair. :character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer:

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 07 Feb 2018, 21:31

I have always had some sympathy for Joyce as a person - he seems to be about as much of a "straight shooter" as one can expect from a politician. Any marriage can fail ( as I have personally demonstrated on at least three occasions) and a personal failure (as he has admitted) should not reflect on his public life - surely he has SOME right to privacy?
As for the mention of "hate", I was very disappointed with the campaigns on BOTH sides of the marriage campaign. People on both sides had VERY strong opinions and prosecuted their views as strongly as possible. The decision has been made and legislation enacted - whether you won or lost, its time to bury the hatchet and MOVE ON.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 07 Feb 2018, 22:29

Bananaby deserves to have his privacy respected. What a load of garbage,he deserves to cop every bit of garbage coming his way.
Julia Gillard also deserved to have her private life respected too,but did it happen,of course it didn't. Her private life became the subject of a comedy series on ABC,among other things. Her partner was regularly accused of being gay.
Who do you think will get the starring role in the series about Bananaby? Maybe he will have to play himself.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 07 Feb 2018, 23:16

I thought Leigh Sales was going to ask when he first rooted her, where he rooted her, and was the bed he rooted in funded by the tax payer. :heeheehee :heeheehee :heeheehee

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 08 Feb 2018, 06:08

:icon_biggrin:

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal » 08 Feb 2018, 11:24

Perrorist wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 20:47
If Barnaby had been a female politician, especially a Labor one, do you think the media would have dealt so respectfully with this issue by keeping it under wraps for so long?
Remember how Cheryl Kernot was dealt with by the media?
Gareth was portrayed as a bit of a lad but Cheryl was the scarlet woman and a home wrecker.
If you don't have an ASIO file by now then you should be ashamed of yourself.

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal » 08 Feb 2018, 11:27

Slapsy wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 22:29
Who do you think will get the starring role in the series about Bananaby? Maybe he will have to play himself.
Ooo ooo oooo!
Please let it be Johnny Depp.
He would give it all he's got and the makeup would be sensational.
If you don't have an ASIO file by now then you should be ashamed of yourself.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 08 Feb 2018, 14:57

Buck_naked wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 23:16
I thought Leigh Sales was going to ask when he first rooted her, where he rooted her, and was the bed he rooted in funded by the tax payer. :heeheehee :heeheehee :heeheehee
She did Buck,but according to Bananaby it was none of our business. We were only paying for it.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 08 Feb 2018, 17:43

kfchugo wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 21:31
Any marriage can fail ( as I have personally demonstrated on at least three occasions) and a personal failure (as he has admitted) should not reflect on his public life - surely he has SOME right to privacy?
I do agree, Hugo, but . . .

There are two 'buts'. One is the lack of privacy afforded others - what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
The other is the money issue - our money.

I also agree about moving on. Yet in some instances there is a need to 'maintain the rage,' lest we forget.

I always try to sit on the fence, it's the best place to get a view from, but not always possible to do, or even desirable! :lol:
I dream, therefore I am.

Trishia

Post by Trishia » 08 Feb 2018, 18:46

Seems to me that Barnaby sticks the boots into anyone else who steps out of line, but when HE steps out of line, he demands privacy.

I also think he is a hypocrite! He deserves all he gets! :twocents-mytwocents:

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 14 Feb 2018, 10:37

=D=
Trishia wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 18:46
Seems to me that Barnaby sticks the boots into anyone else who steps out of line, but when HE steps out of line, he demands privacy.

I also think he is a hypocrite! He deserves all he gets! :twocents-mytwocents:
=D= =D=

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 14 Feb 2018, 12:44

Murdoch is gunning for Turnbull and Beetrooter is collateral damage.

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Post by terra » 14 Feb 2018, 18:48

Warrigal wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 11:27
Slapsy wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 22:29
Ooo ooo oooo!
Please let it be Johnny Depp.
He would give it all he's got and the makeup would be sensational.
oh Warrigal... you are wicked !
...........but I like you !
:heeheehee :twocents-mytwocents: :character-oldtimer: =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= :lol: :heeheehee :heeheehee :heeheehee :bear_hug
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".