Police brutality

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Police brutality

Post by kfchugo » 04 Apr 2018, 08:03

Victoria is in the news this weeks for incidents involving police assaults on suspects. I know some will support police and spruik about what a tough job it is....."we never see the whole story" etc. I wont launch into any condemnation of police generally as I know that the majority of our law enforcement people are good and dedicated servants of our society. I will say however that in any case where numerous police are seen towelling into a restrained and helpless suspect, they cease to be police and rather become bullies, thugs and sadists in a uniform who should immediately be out of a job.
It should NEVER be a matter of transferring them to other duties, suspension or re-training - these people are CRIMINALS and should not be wearing a police uniform. Before springing to the defence of these animals, I urge you to consider that the victim could have been YOU or your loved ones......are you willing to take that risk? :twocents-mytwocents:

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Re: Police brutality

Post by mavisbramston » 04 Apr 2018, 10:07

I heard an interview and the pathetic excuses were staggering.
The police have a culture of brutality. Sure there are good cops but enough thugs and scum to be concerned.
This was an assault.Those gutless thugs should have the same dished out to them. I am sick of people defending them :flaming_mad

Leonie

Post by Leonie » 04 Apr 2018, 10:29

It was certainly a confronting piece of video. I'm sure there is a whole lot more to the story than we are being told. Why would so many police turn up to check on just one man?

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 04 Apr 2018, 11:33

The police have got away with this for years. The video footage is going to make it very difficult for them to lie their way out of it this time.
I think there has been a tendency to always respect the boys in blue. Yes there are very good men and women in the force and it is in their interest that bad cops are charged.
Last edited by mavisbramston on 04 Apr 2018, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 04 Apr 2018, 11:36

I know no details, but a previous in-law who was in the police force would sometimes come home and break down in tears. Why, I do not know, but perhaps there is a lot more goes on than any of us know. I have other rellies in the force who find nothing untoward goes on in their areas of police work.
I dream, therefore I am.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 04 Apr 2018, 13:42

For me, the biggest problem is that we, the public are totally at their mercy. When someone is taken into police custody (voluntarily or otherwise), we basically have no rights. If attacked, we cannot even defend ourselves - that would be "resisting arrest" or "assault police", BUT, they can do what they like to us. Lodging a complaint later is generally useless unless we are lucky enough to find video evidence, and even that is challenged by the rogue cops "....but, you didnt see what happened before the video started" etc. Right or wrong, police will ALWAYS lie to protect their brethren. If nothing else comes of this, we MUST get past the situation where our police are investigating THEMSELVES. Internal affairs investigations are a joke and a completely independant body needs to conduct these inquiries.

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 05 Apr 2018, 05:34

Its simple, if you can't handle the heat, don't start a fire.
Police have to deal with deranged deadbeat maggots all day every day
drunks, mentally deranged, ice addicts, assorted vermin.
Walk a mile in their shoes before judging.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 05 Apr 2018, 10:57

Buck, I do agree.
The first responders in a case like this should be trauma counsellors with a police presence as back up if things get out of hand.
But I also agree that the police can get out of hand too!
I dream, therefore I am.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 05 Apr 2018, 11:22

Buck, I think you are missing the point here....dealing with "deranged, deadbeat maggots" is not the issue. I am talking about police violently assaulting helpless and defenceless people who are not resisting. I dont care what a person might have been doing ten minutes earlier, even if they were assaulting the police, once a person is restrained or handcuffed and no longer resisting, there is no excuse for police inflicting further violence or injury on them - that is simply revenge.
The video from victoria showed six officers drag a man out of his home, throw him to the ground, handcuff him and while he was on the ground (with six on top of him), they then sprayed capsicum spray directly into his eyes. I dont see ANY way of defending or minimising that behavior.
The police are now claiming that this person had a history of violent behavior which may well be the case, but this is not in any way evident in the video. The police have a difficult and often dangerous job to do but this fact does not mitigate brutality against the helpless in their custody, even the guilty helpless.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 05 Apr 2018, 17:52

Well said kfhugo. We need to stop defending these cops.
I believe the police have much to answer for. Over the yearsthere have been numerous infringements yet there is a tendency to dismis claims as exagerated and wrong.
Remember RodneyKing?
Last edited by mavisbramston on 05 Apr 2018, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 05 Apr 2018, 18:39

Agreed.

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal » 06 Apr 2018, 11:22

As the police officer was laying into the legs of the prone man I heard him say "How do you like this?"
To me this indicates spite, not professionalism.
If you don't have an ASIO file by now then you should be ashamed of yourself.

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 06 Apr 2018, 12:07

There is a phrase: 'Don't poke the bear'
Maggots need to be taught a swift and terrible lesson about assault on police and emergency personnel.
Nurses are being bashed, paramedics are being bashed, even bus drivers are being bashed.
Sorry, but i'm 100% behind the police.
It is their training to be assertive and take full control of dangerous situations.
Maggots are having a go at them every single day.
Maggots need a lesson otherwise they will be back next time for another go.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 06 Apr 2018, 12:30

Well said, Buck......unless, of course, one day YOU are the "maggot". It is always easy to condone this kind of conduct when it is happening to someone else - especially a stranger. One need not have committed any offence to receive this kind of treatment from rogue police - many of them consider themselves above the law they are sworn to uphold.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 06 Apr 2018, 15:14

Buck_naked wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 12:07
There is a phrase: 'Don't poke the bear'
Maggots need to be taught a swift and terrible lesson about assault on police and emergency personnel.
Nurses are being bashed, paramedics are being bashed, even bus drivers are being bashed.
Sorry, but i'm 100% behind the police.
It is their training to be assertive and take full control of dangerous situations.
Maggots are having a go at them every single day.
Maggots need a lesson otherwise they will be back next time for another go.
Buck,I am confused by your use of the word "maggot' in this context. Surely,any fair-minded person,in this instance,would consider the maggots to be the ones knocking on the door.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89