Tax avoidance.

Are we being treated like human beings by our Corporate Captains? Have they heard of the word 'compassion' or is greed the guiding light for them?

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Re: Tax avoidance.

Post by Dreamweaver » 01 Nov 2013, 09:08

I remember your maxim, Donander.
"Always trust the minority; the majority is always wrong." When speaking about those of credible expertise, of course.
I dream, therefore I am.

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 01 Nov 2013, 12:23

Dreamweaver, it's over ..... even Mike Hulme knows the IPCC's credibility is shot:
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v5 ... 2624c.html
  • Sociologists of science wish to study the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) for the same reason that they want to examine other loci at which scientific knowledge is made — whether in a laboratory, the field, a museum or at a conference. We too approached the IPCC in autumn 2010 with a request to study it from the inside; we too were told ‘no’ (see Nature 502, 281; 2013).

We therefore had to rely on self-reported accounts. Using document analysis and interviews with lead authors, we analysed how authors navigate the distinction between scientific description and value judgements, for example when offering information pertaining to the definition of ‘dangerous climate change’.

The IPCC has become a dominant institution in climate science — in the assessment of knowledge for policy-making, and in how assessment practices alter empirical and computer-simulated climate science. Global knowledge assessments such as those undertaken by the IPCC call for carefully documented systematic studies by trained ethnographers.

Let us hope that the IPCC will recognize itself as a legitimate object for scholarly investigation this time around
You subscribe to Nature .... check out Hulme's article.
The last interglacial had less ice, higher sea levels, and warmer temperatures than this one. So, according to the evidence so far, human activity must have a COOLING effect.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 01 Nov 2013, 15:09

Excuse me the heading reads tax avoidance. :hitting_wall
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 01 Nov 2013, 18:00

Sorry. :oops:
:text-imsorry:
The last interglacial had less ice, higher sea levels, and warmer temperatures than this one. So, according to the evidence so far, human activity must have a COOLING effect.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 01 Nov 2013, 18:11

That's ok youth its my duty as a bolshevik to keep my eye
on you liberal. :wink
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw