Drug Company Will Stop Paying Doctors

Are we being treated like human beings by our Corporate Captains? Have they heard of the word 'compassion' or is greed the guiding light for them?

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Drug Company Will Stop Paying Doctors

Post by Dreamweaver » 18 Dec 2013, 21:07

GlaxoSmithKline, a British drug company, announced on Monday that it will no longer pay doctors to promote its products — a controversial practice in the pharmaceutical industry that health reform advocates have been fighting to end for years. Glaxo is the first major drug company to agree to shift its policy in this area, a move that may help pressure its competitors to follow suit.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/12 ... -products/

Fern1

Re: Drug Company Will Stop Paying Doctors

Post by Fern1 » 19 Dec 2013, 06:40

That is disgusting. I wonder if the same things happens here? time for me to do some searching.

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 19 Dec 2013, 07:17

Doctors and drug companies, bent and crooked as your local crack meth dealer. Trust no one. Catalyst on ABC TV blew the lid on a nice little scam they had going in australia with Cholesterol drugs, that is the tip of the iceberg. Just like these religious paedophile cults headed by george pell and the Pope. think-smiley think-smiley think-smiley

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 19 Dec 2013, 08:03

Ah Buck lad forever the optimist. :wink
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 19 Dec 2013, 10:44

Perhaps Glaxo have their own reasons! 8-[

https://theconversation.com/tinsel-or-t ... haul-21577

Trishia

Post by Trishia » 26 Aug 2014, 11:23

I have thought for a long time that drug companies were paying Drs. to prescribe their goods [or bads]

My Husband had a seizure a few years ago, after taking a certain drug for blood pressure. I went to the Hospital in the Ambulance with him, and when I handed over his medicines, the Dr. there said " Oh no, not that again"
If this drug was dangerous, why were GPs still prescribing it?????
When I complained to the GP, He didn't even know that it was causing seizures in some people.
I was really ANGRY. :flaming_mad

Trishia

Post by Trishia » 26 Aug 2014, 11:25

I have thought for a long time that drug companies were paying Drs. to prescribe their goods [or bads]

My Husband had a seizure a few years ago, after taking a certain drug for blood pressure. I went to the Hospital in the Ambulance with him, and when I handed over his medicines, the Dr. there said " Oh no, not that again"
If this drug was dangerous, why were GPs still prescribing it?????
When I complained to the GP, He didn't even know that it was causing seizures in some people.
I was really ANGRY. :flaming_mad