When the bees die, we will die!

Are we being treated like human beings by our Corporate Captains? Have they heard of the word 'compassion' or is greed the guiding light for them?

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

godfather
Diamond Member

When the bees die, we will die!

Post by godfather » 04 Feb 2014, 21:18

How on Earth can corporation get away with trying to kill all human life on this planet?
They haven't succeeded yet but they sure are trying very hard.

Bayer has sued the European Commission to overturn a ban on the pesticides that are killing millions of bees around the world.
A huge public push won this landmark ban only months ago -- and we can't sit back and let Big Pesticide overturn it while the bees vanish.

Bayer and Syngenta, two of the world's largest chemical corporations, claim that the ban is "unjustified" and "disproportionate."
But clear scientific evidence shows their products are behind the massive bee die-off that puts our entire food chain in peril.

This past summer, 37 million bees were discovered dead on a single Canadian farm. And unless we act now, the bees will keep dying.
We have to show Bayer now that we won't tolerate it putting its profits ahead of our planet's health. If this giant corporation manages to bully Europe into submission, it would spell disaster for the bees.

Read more here: http://action.sumofus.org/a/bayer-bees- ... ub=fwd&t=1

Please sign the petition to tell Bayer and Syngenta to drop their bee-killing lawsuits now.

:hitting_wall :hitting_wall :hitting_wall
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Re: When the bees die, we will die!

Post by grandduke » 04 Feb 2014, 21:30

Signed GF and put on Facebook as well. :wink
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Dawn

Post by Dawn » 05 Feb 2014, 13:30

Ditto fro me too GF! Quite a while ago now too.

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 05 Feb 2014, 20:23

Its funny they want to ban nictotine based sprays for insects, yet are quite happy for humans to smoke it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 06 Feb 2014, 19:47

Is there any solid scientific evidence against the pesticide or is it just the usual scare tactics being employed? I'll sign in a flash if there is evidence.
The last interglacial had less ice, higher sea levels, and warmer temperatures than this one. So, according to the evidence so far, human activity must have a COOLING effect.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 06 Feb 2014, 20:37

Hi donander, I understand your reluctance to believe anything that doesn't come directly from Tony Abbott.
However, if you believe that 37 million dead bees on one Canadian farm aren't enough evidence then it will be difficult for anybody to convince you that one day we will all just die like these poisoned bees.
Take a chance and don't worry about the bees, just like you don't worry about the Carbon Tax, and our childrens children will all be screaming it from the roof-tops when it doesn't work out your way!

I work on the idea that you cannot please everybody all the time but you can try!

Enough said!

:hitting_wall :hitting_wall :hitting_wall
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 06 Feb 2014, 20:44

Call me Mulder...but were not all the bees doomed because of some kind of disease, caused by a mite, which has been spreading for years. I think some australians were making a healthy living exporting disease free australian bees to the USA.

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 06 Feb 2014, 21:10

godfather wrote:[ Snip ]
However, if you believe that 37 million dead bees on one Canadian farm aren't enough evidence then it will be difficult for anybody to convince you that one day we will all just die like these poisoned bees.
[ Snip ]
Enough of the emotion Godfather.
  • What did the alleged 37 million bees die from?

What was the name of the poison?

Who counted them?
David Suzuki is involved, diminishing the case against Bayer.
The last interglacial had less ice, higher sea levels, and warmer temperatures than this one. So, according to the evidence so far, human activity must have a COOLING effect.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 06 Feb 2014, 21:27

Answers to your questions:

1) Uncontrolled lovemaking!
2) Love potion No: 9
3) Osama Bin Laden

No Suzuki was not involved he couldn't afford the price of Love potion no: 9!

Ddddddooooohhhhhh!

:eek :eek :eek

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 07 Feb 2014, 09:50

It seems seed corn is coated with insecticide. Recently air seeders have been used in planting. They blow the insecticide dust into the air and bees die in droves.

Bees also die because of a parasitic fly, and also from colony breakdown, but not en masse like this.

Mahalia
Moderator (Bronze Member)

Post by Mahalia » 07 Feb 2014, 19:08

Has anyone else considered that growing genetically modified crops is possibly also adding to this problem?
The Scribbly Bark Poet
see some scribbles here - http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

Maggs
Diamond Member

Post by Maggs » 08 Feb 2014, 11:04

I have considered what it has been done to all manner of the foods we are expected to eat these days.......they tamper with nature and then give us lists of what may happen if you eat any of it. Looking back to the age of the Hippie, they did have a point, didn't they, but as ever big business knows how to fool most of the the people most of the time.

Trishia

Post by Trishia » 17 Oct 2014, 10:51

I have also signed.
I hope for all our sakes this petition is successful. :good_luck

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Post by terra » 17 Oct 2014, 20:30

37 million dead bees ?...

Who counted them ?
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 17 Oct 2014, 21:14

there is a lot of this sort of stuff on facebook with zero verifiable facts behind it.
it goes viral, another reason why we need the ABC fact checker, probably the best ABC innovation in years.