Bank profits

Are we being treated like human beings by our Corporate Captains? Have they heard of the word 'compassion' or is greed the guiding light for them?

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

godfather
Diamond Member

Bank profits

Post by godfather » 06 Nov 2014, 22:06

I think we are getting used to seeing some absolutely ridiculous profit figures being produced by the big4 Banks again. No one mentions it anymore.
The latest rumour is that CBA is aiming @ $9.6 b for the full year!

What is your best description of such figures?
Moi = obscene!

:angry-devil: :angry-devil: :angry-devil:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

lighthouse
Silver Member

Re: Bank profits

Post by lighthouse » 06 Nov 2014, 22:18

GF and to think CEOs and share holders are considered more important than customers :flaming_mad :flaming_mad
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it. ”
Helen Keller

Biggdad
Gold Member

Post by Biggdad » 08 Nov 2014, 06:20

Here's the dividend of the CBA for 2014. Could you afford $82 a share to earn $3 or so a year in dividends.
Then you have the share price rises $9 to $82 in 20 years!

https://www.commbank.com.au/about-us/sh ... idend.html
WHEN YOU TELL THE TRUTH, IT'S LESS YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER.Image

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 09 Nov 2014, 21:00

Biggdad, no I couldn't afford the share prices at any stage.
However, what puzzles me more is the incredible amount of money the CEOs of the large Banks are being paid.
The CBA was in strife this year and a court case was pending until the Government stopped the process.
Some of the fish in the CBA buildings smell rotten, and it is usually the head that goes off first!

The big superannuation funds holding the major share parcels are responsible for the endless profits.
It is like Xmas every day and they can't get enough of it.
Yes, I am aware that the money, or at least some of it, finishing in superannuation to retirees etc.
My beef is with the massive salary packages they pay their top men!

:angry: :angry: :angry:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.