Watch this space......the space is watching you

Are we being treated like human beings by our Corporate Captains? Have they heard of the word 'compassion' or is greed the guiding light for them?

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

lighthouse
Silver Member

Watch this space......the space is watching you

Post by lighthouse » 18 Jan 2015, 10:58

Science fiction is fast becoming reality if trends in automotive advertising are anything to go by.

Car maker Lexus is set to unveil a series of intelligent, super-sized ads on billboards in key locations across the country on Monday. The billboards can tell what type of car you're driving, and will tailor a message just for you.

Equipped with cameras, the smart ads take a snapshot of your car as you approach, measure its features and match it against a database to determine its make, model and colour.

An algorithm then matches this with contextual information such as the time of day, weather conditions and traffic conditions to generate one of 80 configurations, such as: "Hey black Merc driver, the heavens have opened. This is the new Lexus."

All this happens in a split second in order to grab your attention as you zoom past on the freeway.

M&C Saatchi, the advertising agency that worked on the campaign alongside APN Outdoor and TMS, is calling it "direct messaging on steroids". :thinking:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/digital ... 2s25q.html
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it. ”
Helen Keller

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Re: Watch this space......the space is watching you

Post by Buck_naked » 18 Jan 2015, 12:30

rego plate recognition, face recognition linked to facebook...labrats we are already 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

godfather
Diamond Member

Re: Watch this space......the space is watching you

Post by godfather » 18 Jan 2015, 20:45

I think it was in last weeks news that our computers know us better than our family does.
Scary when you think that millions of people may have access to our computers.

:eek :eek :eek
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.