Rupert digs Australian Gold!

Are we being treated like human beings by our Corporate Captains? Have they heard of the word 'compassion' or is greed the guiding light for them?

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

godfather
Diamond Member

Rupert digs Australian Gold!

Post by godfather » 16 Apr 2015, 19:25

It is a few days old but I was shocked to read the story of Rupert Murdoch's income from Australian readers.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/rupert-m ... meu0l.html

That is a lot of money in anybody's book, and I'll bet that his tax payments are a few misery dollars.
Just wonder if Abbott & Co will chase him for a few more dollars?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

lighthouse
Silver Member

Re: Rupert digs Australian Gold!

Post by lighthouse » 16 Apr 2015, 20:06

GF "Mr Murdoch's companies here have paid income tax equivalent to a rate of 4.8 per cent on $6.8 billion in operating cash flows"

This has to stop. I would like to stop him with a punch that Mongo gave the horse in the movie "Blazing saddles" :lol: :roflmao:
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it. ”
Helen Keller

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 16 Apr 2015, 21:45

When you think we as workers have no choice your employer
is bound by law to with hold tax on your salary, what Murdock
and the rest of the multinationals are engaged in is criminal activity,
Tax avoidance is a criminal offence and i for one am sick of the double
standards. And the complicity of politicians.
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 19 Apr 2015, 22:18

I believe that the rorting will continue as long as we have rorters in government, both major parties have dirt on their hands!

It seems that the laws in place make it easy for the deductions the big companies are claiming without an overhaul of the whole system.
But, but and one more but, which party will be brave enough to bite the bullet?

Not waiting for miracles.......only justice!

:good_luck: :good_luck: :good_luck:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Maggs
Diamond Member

Post by Maggs » 20 Apr 2015, 13:35

I had a bit of a giggle when I got the thought that if all the legal migrants and boat people decided to go back home to where they come from as a protest to the unfair governemtal sanctions which is being imposed on us all......I can see Tony's face drop as we all take to the skies and go home. So Tax me....if you can! :nahnahnah

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 20 Apr 2015, 14:00

That would surely rattle Abbott's few marbles and could make him commit Hara kiri! :roflmao:

The problem is of course that most of the high fliers who are stealing from Australians are already living overseas.
Clever little vegemites aren't they?

:angry: :angry: :angry:

lighthouse
Silver Member

Post by lighthouse » 20 Apr 2015, 14:06

GF I feel that they are too smart for us Australians as they have out smarted our laws and nobody has the ticker to change the laws to stop them.
Even though I felt we were a reasonably educated country. :thinking:
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it. ”
Helen Keller