Aldi

Are we being treated like human beings by our Corporate Captains? Have they heard of the word 'compassion' or is greed the guiding light for them?

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Aldi

Post by Dreamweaver » 18 Feb 2016, 19:28

. An announcement by the German supermarket chain was made on January 1st. Beginning ASAP and affecting all their US stores, the following pesticides will no longer be allowed on fruits or vegetables:

Thiamethoxam
Chlorpyrifos
Clothianidin
Cypermethrin
Deltamethrin
Fipronil
Imidacloprid
Sulfoxaflor

Aldi has now become the first major retailer in Europe to ban pesticides to be known as toxic to bees from all produce in their stores.
If you remember, we covered the EPA’s study on how dangerous neonicotinoids are to bees. These pesticides have been proven to cause bee reproduction, navigation, and foraging issues as well as suppression of their immune systems.

Not only has Aldi banned the pesticides, but they are also doing much, much more for their customers:

They are expanding their organic food brands, removing some artificial ingredients from products and adding more gluten-free items.
They have removed certified synthetic colors, partially hydrogenated oils, and MSG from their private-label products (which make up 90% of sales).
They have expanded their sales of fresh and organic meat and produce, including the “Never Any!” brand of meats that contain no added antibiotics, hormones, animal by-products or other additives.
The chain will also expand the SimplyNature line (which is free of more than 125 artificial ingredients) and their gluten-free liveGfree brand.
Their milk was free of artificial growth hormones, but now its yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, and other dairy products will be as well.
Lastly, they have begun to offer more high-end foods like artisanal cheeses, smoked salmon, quinoa, and coconut oil.
http://www.davidwolfe.com/aldi-chain-is ... pwf&vp=elg
I dream, therefore I am.

godfather
Diamond Member

Re: Aldi

Post by godfather » 20 Feb 2016, 21:17

Great bit of progress. I hope it will prompt the Woolies and Coles powers to do likewise.
People are starting to become aware that we are killing ourselves.

=D> =D> =D>
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Maggs
Diamond Member

Post by Maggs » 21 Feb 2016, 09:04

Better late than Never, I say..... but so far I have not yet trod the boards at Aldi to sample the goods. Must make a memo to do so pronto.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 21 Feb 2016, 14:24

Then Mother Maggs you are procrastinating and its
costing you loot, therefore get ye forth with hast
and survey the price difference. :wqoohoo :heeheehee :heeheehee
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 21 Feb 2016, 15:00

Dukey, I think ALDI only started in S.A. this month or last month.
Poor Maggs has probably been chafing at the bit for years!

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

lynny
Diamond Member

Post by lynny » 21 Feb 2016, 15:07

They haven't crossed The Strait yet. I wonder if they will?

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 21 Feb 2016, 15:12

Lynny, from what I heard that both S.A. & W.A. have been started and that Tassie will be considered if Woolies hand it back to Australia!

:wqoohoo :wqoohoo :wqoohoo

lynny
Diamond Member

Post by lynny » 22 Feb 2016, 16:13

:lol: :lol: GF!!