I want Clinton as President

Are we being treated like human beings by our Corporate Captains? Have they heard of the word 'compassion' or is greed the guiding light for them?

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Re: I want Clinton as President

Post by kfchugo » 11 Jun 2016, 11:02

Hmmmm...... I remain of the opinion that Hilary would be a disaster as President, but then Trump would be a catastrophe. Glad its not a choice i have to make :lol:

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 11 Jun 2016, 11:40

kfchugo wrote:Hmmmm...... I remain of the opinion that Hilary would be a disaster as President, but then Trump would be a catastrophe. Glad its not a choice i have to make :lol:
The most interesting thing about the Presidential election will be the percentage of actual voters. How many non-voters will,later,complain when things go horribly wrong,for them?

:hitting_wall :hitting_wall
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 11 Jun 2016, 11:52

The president is a toothless tiger. yeah, the president has the nuklear codes, but the real power lies in the congress
and they have senate swill over there as well. :character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer:
it took Obama years just to get his modest changes to the medical system -the Obama care thingy.
and the president is a sock puppet of the people who paid the campaign fees, - about 1 billion dollars needed to be president.
so it will be grid lock/ business as usual, no matter who gets in .
the world won't end even if Trump gets in.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 11 Jun 2016, 20:15

IMHO, anyone other than Trump must win the USA Presidency this year,

Donald Duck or Donald Trump are non-choices due to lack of experience and decorum.

Oh, I will acknowledge that Hilary is not the perfect choice either, but with all things being equal this world will have a better chance of survival with a Democrat in the chair!!!!

:thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 12 Jun 2016, 18:31

Even though this article was written before the Presidential primaries started,it still indicates why it would be an extremely interesting contest if Elizabeth Warren was to nominate as an independent.

https://www.theblot.com/5-reasons-eliza ... nt-7732543
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 12 Jun 2016, 18:43

I've been a fan of Warren for a long time, but she's never expressed an interest in running for President, and having her as Vice-President isn't a good idea. The US might just deal with a single woman at the top, but not two.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 13 Jun 2016, 19:52

IMHO, Liz Warren is a very clever woman and a worthy VP. But....but .... not this time around.
Two talented females at the top will backfire for the simple reasons that Bernie has shown a strong following during the campaign.
Pure anti-feminism will cull the Clinton-Warren combination and rightly so.
Give the job to Bernie, he certainly deserves it!

=D> =D> =D>
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 23 Jun 2016, 13:37

Rightly or wrongly Bernie is out of the race. Not going to be a smug winner because in many ways I liked Bernie but I think I have put my case before.
Now what do we think ? None of really want Trump and although we are not in USA whatever happens will affect all of us.
Can Trump win?
Will America have a President shouting YOU'RE FIRED! 8-[

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 23 Jun 2016, 13:54

Yes Mavis Bernie is out of the race for POTUS but I was saying that I would prefer him as V.P. instead of Liz Warren. :icon_biggrin:

What will happen if Trump wins?
No one can predict the un-predictable with Trump at the top!
There would be a very strong possibility that Iran will be nuked within a month and all guns and arms will be given away for free.

No, whilst we are as close to the USA as we are I would like to see Hillary get to the White House!

8-[ 8-[ 8-[

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 23 Jun 2016, 14:58

Trump won't win. In fact, it's not a certainty he will stand.

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 23 Jun 2016, 15:16

Never say never. Trump has been consistently underestimated by the media.
People must be angry and desperate to even consider Trump.
Has there been any real attempt to understand the 'Trump supporter'?
He is behind in the polls, but he knows how to play the game.
Never write him off, he is as cunning as a rat with a gold tooth. :character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer:

From CBS News:

"An Economist/YouGov poll released Wednesday showed Clinton up four points over Trump, 43 to 39 percent.
A Reuters/Ipsos tracking poll released Tuesday found Clinton ahead by nine points, 44.5 to 35.5 percent.
A CNN/ORC poll released Tuesday found Clinton up by five, 47 to 42 percent.
A CNBC poll released Monday found Clinton up by the same margin, 40 to 35 percent.
And a Monmouth poll from the same day found Clinton with an eight-point lead, 49 to 41 percent."

Voting is not compulsory over there, so not sure what effect that has.

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 24 Jun 2016, 15:08

Brexit, then trump?
Is the tide turning, world mood shifting?
:thinking: :thinking:

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 24 Jun 2016, 15:49

The main reason people voted for leaving was immigration. Trump also rails against immigration, but he's also put Mexicans offside. Clinton will run rings round him -- she's been in politics a long time and isn't going to let a fool like Trump snatch the main prize from her.

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 24 Jun 2016, 17:43

as the guy on the drum said there is a disconnect between the elites and the battlers.
I see the same thing in the presidential election.
hard hats vs top hats
Call me Mulder but i say prepare for president trump.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 24 Jun 2016, 20:51

Trump is falling behind in the polls and is now struggling to raise campaign funds.