defind benefits.

How can we improve the prognosis for our maturing Australians? Suggestions, ideas, proposals for better social and health issues, including retirement accommodation, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

grandduke
Diamond Member

defind benefits.

Post by grandduke » 09 Dec 2015, 23:34

Snippet, A defined benefit pension plan is a type of pension plan in which an employer/sponsor promises a specified monthly benefit on retirement that is predetermined by a formula based on the employee's earnings history, tenure of service and age, rather than depending directly on individual investment returns.
I emailed labor and believe it or nor Jenny Macklin MP shadow minister for families and payments, shadow minister for disability reform responded, other changes and i quote “to cut the pension of 330,000 pensioners by changing the pension assets test were passed with the support of the greens.
In relation to the proposal to cap at 10 per cent the level of income from defined benefit superannuation that can be excluded from the pension income test- this change has now passed through the senate. This measure will see income from defend benefits treated in a similar way to income from other superannuation funds. ? The government estimates that around one third of pensioners who are in receipt of defined benefits will be affected by the change.unquote”.
The greens supported these measure when they came before the senate in June.
My defined benefit was set at %45. :hitting_wall so we will see what we will see.
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Re: defind benefits.

Post by Buck_naked » 10 Dec 2015, 06:26

sounds like a case of double dipping, - like those pregnant women claiming money from two schemes.
snouts in the trough?