PINCHED NERVE

How can we improve the prognosis for our maturing Australians? Suggestions, ideas, proposals for better social and health issues, including retirement accommodation, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Biggdad
Gold Member

Re: PINCHED NERVE

Post by Biggdad » 26 Jan 2017, 23:07

mavisbramston wrote:
24 Jan 2017, 21:25
My pinched nerve is due to protrusion of c5 c6 disc and bone spurs very common in our generation. Thank you everyone for your tips. I had the spinal steroid injections nearly two weeks ago and so far no change indeed worse. Ithink I might have to consider surgery as its not getting better. Surgery on my spine terrifies me. Thankyou slapsy and cast for your comments.
Mavis: i have spurs on the spine which irritate the nerves, I have had steroid injections 7 down one side & 6 down the
other side of the spine. They lasted about 5 to 6, months.

Myotherapy. is generally used on muscular or soft tissue problems. I was offered an operation to have the spur removed
from several parts of my spine. This was two years ago & I was 74. I decided not to have it done as the Guarantee of
how well & how fast my recovery was, was sketchy to say the least. At the moment I take a pain tablet called TARGIN
still suffer pain but I am coping.
WHEN YOU TELL THE TRUTH, IT'S LESS YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER.Image

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Re: PINCHED NERVE

Post by Dreamweaver » 27 Jan 2017, 00:18

Sorry I wasn't clear about myotherapy - it certainly doesn't affect the bone problem, but affects the referred pain that travels from there to other areas. Like I said, no guarantees, but I had chiropractic, physio treatments and physio aids, podiatrist aids, to little avail . I have now lost my gout and Achilles heel pain, and avoided operations for golfers'elbow (opposite side to tennis elbow) , carpal tunnel syndrome, knee arthritis, etc, all made worse by, or even originating in, a pinched nerve in the spine.

But I remember my father too, who had severe pain as we tried to put his socks on, and which disappeared as his condition worsened and nerves were destroyed!