Generous government plan for high energy prices.

How can we improve the prognosis for our maturing Australians? Suggestions, ideas, proposals for better social and health issues, including retirement accommodation, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Re: Generous government plan for high energy prices.

Post by terra » 08 Jun 2017, 12:50

Buck_naked wrote:
08 Jun 2017, 12:29
Not many use weights and measures for firewood round these 'ere parts.
it's often sold by the 'uteload' or 'bag'
No fireplace in my house. when i was in the inner west of sydney, back in the day, fires were banned-too much pollution.
It dropped down to 3C the last couple of nights here. New doona kept me warm as toast.
Firewood is sold here by cubic metres and generally, they're fairly honest. Most big firewood sellers package wood into steel mesh crates measuring one metre square by one metre tall.... which is of course, one cubic metre. They simply pick up the crate with a fork lift and tip it into your box trailer.
For home delivery, the truck has a similar cage on the back which can hold around seven cubic metres.
Some of the rip-off going prices are $150 per cubic metre.
The standard Aussie box trailer measuring 7 ft by 4 ft and filled piling high is around one cubic metre.
The biggest problem with many of the sellers is that they advertise "seasoned" wood but in many cases it's too green and won't burn well.

My wood costs nothing and because I can hand-pick it on a 1000 acre property, I pick only the best..... I am a "woodologist".
:heeheehee

Nobody sells wood by ton anymore, 'cos the weight can vary so much... and who has the scales to see if they are getting an honest ton ?
:twocents-mytwocents:
..... and a cubic metre of Ironbark or River Red Gum will weigh so much more than a similar load of ordinary gum or hardwood or even Pine.
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 08 Jun 2017, 15:07

Does that mean your a woodpecker opps picker Terra. :heeheehee :heeheehee :heeheehee
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

terra
Silver Member

Post by terra » 08 Jun 2017, 20:03

Yep !.... with the emphasis on pecker !
:heeheehee

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 09 Jun 2017, 19:31

so Finkel report. Clear as mud. :lol: :lol: :lol:
to solar panel or not to solar panel, that is the million dollar question.
whether it is nobler to absorb the slings an arrows of outrageous bills...or yada yada yada. :lol: :lol: :lol:

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 09 Jun 2017, 20:27

And you can thank that idiot Abbott for this. :hitting_wall :hitting_wall
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

terra
Silver Member

Post by terra » 10 Jun 2017, 11:00

The unstoppable and outrageous upward spike in electricity charges began when greedy state governments sold off their state owned electricity, poles, wires, the whole kit & kaboodle to private enterprise.

Sure.... they're basking in billions of dollars for a while and crowing about how much money they have in the kitty..... but, it will run out !

Forget the Finkel report crap !..... let's get our power back into state owned hands !
:kiss_my_bum: :kiss_my_bum: :kiss_my_bum:

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 10 Jun 2017, 17:18

=D=

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 10 Jun 2017, 18:42

Good one, Terra. There's no thought for the future when decision makers know they only need to deal with the present.
What's the answer? Go back to private ownership where the boss will be considering about when his grandson is boss?
No, but what? 8-[

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 10 Jun 2017, 20:20

Power generation should be state-owned, as it used to be. It's a public utility, like education, health, law enforcement, etc.

terra
Silver Member

Post by terra » 17 Jun 2017, 16:07

Bastards !..... electricity going up by 20%.
:angry: :kiss_my_bum: :angry: :kiss_my_bum:

When was the last time anyone had a pay increase of more than 4% :thinking: ?

...... and yet these bloody mongrels think nothing about whacking us with an obscene hike of 20%.
and I'm willing to bet they'll do it again next year or even sooner ! :character-oldtimer:

is it just pure coincidence that AGL, Origin and Energy Australia all had the same increase ?.... :thinking: NO, they got together so they could screw us all in unison !
:character-oldtimer:
Once again I have to repeat myself by saying..... this all happened because the greedy state government sold off pole and wires to private enterprise who are greedy, heartless turds with absolutely no conscience at all.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry: :kiss_my_bum: :flaming_mad :flaming_mad :flaming_mad
http://www.news.com.au/finance/small-bu ... 07d25cb7fc

"MORE than a million NSW households are paying more for electricity than any other developed nation.

New research by a leading economics consultancy reveals these customers, who are on non-discounted prices known as “standing offers” are being slugged about 32 cents per kilowatt hour, compared to shivering Swedes who pay about 14c per kWh and frozen Finns who only have to fork out about 15c per kWh."

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 17 Jun 2017, 16:40

It's incompetence and greed at both state and federal levels.

Biggdad
Gold Member

Post by Biggdad » 17 Jun 2017, 18:16

Fill out the form & tell them"curb the power price" or we'll vote you out!

https://nsw.liberal.org.au/contact-2/
WHEN YOU TELL THE TRUTH, IT'S LESS YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER.Image

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 17 Jun 2017, 23:02

Biggdad wrote:
17 Jun 2017, 18:16
Fill out the form & tell them"curb the power price" or we'll vote you out!

https://nsw.liberal.org.au/contact-2/
Done.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 18 Jun 2017, 14:12

Australians are paying among the highest prices in the world for their electricity. Third world countries in Asia are able to supply electricity to even remote areas at a fraction of the price we pay. Time and time again we see this in all areas of consumer pricing - fuel, food, technology etc., and the list goes on. We have consumer protection legislation and a department of Fair trade but still we Aussies are constantly being ripped off by foreign and domestic manufacturers and retailers and even our own government. We have a "petrol commissioner" with NO POWER to act - he has a "watching brief" only and can report breaches of the law, price fixing and collusion etc but has no power to actively investigate or hold wrong doers to account. How does THAT help the average consumer?

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 18 Jun 2017, 16:31

It's amazing how governments allow themselves to be persuaded that self-regulation in an industry will be effective. As with most things governmental these days, it's just another way of avoiding responsibility.