Turn back the clock

How can we improve the prognosis for our maturing Australians? Suggestions, ideas, proposals for better social and health issues, including retirement accommodation, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Turn back the clock

Post by Dreamweaver » 26 Feb 2006, 23:36

From www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/02/060216225955.htm
Training Benefits Brains In Older People, Counters Aging Factors

Too old to learn new skills? By golly, think again. New research at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign shows that training re-ignites key areas of the brain, offsetting some age-related declines and boosting performance.
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 26 Apr 2006, 19:05

There's a good reason to tackle the World Cup tipping contest. Properly researched of course - not like my method. :grin: :grin: That doesn't strain the brain!
I dream, therefore I am.

Merri

Post by Merri » 08 Oct 2006, 13:45

Something on the tele the other night about older people being more successful than the younger ones at any uni course they tackle. :- :- :- :grin:

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 08 Oct 2006, 20:49

Would not surprise me at all!

I think I have grown more patient with age, which means that I may have a little bit more concentration than previously!......very previously! :grin: :grin: :grin:

U3A is very successful and it is hard to get into some courses.

But as Oscar Wilde said: "I am not young enough to know everything!"

:- :- :-
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Merri

Post by Merri » 09 Oct 2006, 18:12

A 91-year-old man has received his Bachelor of Law degree from the University of New England in Armidale. He completed the six year degree in four-and-a-half years because he says at his age time is of the essence. Most of the work was done on-line, which was his biggest problem!
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 758283.htm

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 10 Oct 2006, 12:37

What a wonderful story! That guy has some enterprise in him, even at his age. Would love to know his secret for success?

Hope its laughter, lots of it!

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.