Good Afternoon

Introduce ourselves. If you are a new member, say a few words to let us know you are now part of the Silverpeers fraternity. Our members will welcome you with warm words.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

MallyBoy

Good Afternoon

Post by MallyBoy » 16 Oct 2013, 14:18

G'day to all,
I have just found this forum and had my membership request approved and this is to introduce me to all.
I have not read many posts yet, but am looking forward to lively friendly discussions.
I am single, male, 73 and live alone in Northern Victoria. I have interests in computers, cameras and photography, cooking and baking, common sense and a fair go. I neither smoke nor drink and people tell me that I am fit and in fairly good nick.
Hoping to enjoy new friends.

Merv :happy-sunshine:

Maggs
Diamond Member

Re: Good Afternoon

Post by Maggs » 16 Oct 2013, 14:23

Hello Merv.....nice to see a new face (once you put up an Avatar) You sound well rounded with all those attributes and I am sure you can get your teeth into some of our more exciting chats and spats, not that we have too many spats. Jump in the deepend and swim along with the crowd.

MallyBoy

Post by MallyBoy » 16 Oct 2013, 15:14

Maggs wrote:Hello Merv.....nice to see a new face (once you put up an Avatar) You sound well rounded with all those attributes and I am sure you can get your teeth into some of our more exciting chats and spats, not that we have too many spats. Jump in the deepend and swim along with the crowd.
Thanks Maggs, I tried putting up an avatar but it was too large & got knocked back. I will sort one out and add it shortly.
Merv. :happy-sunshine:

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal » 16 Oct 2013, 15:24

Welcome from me too Merv.
I'm one of the more recent members and it is good to see growth happening on the forum.
I'm a Sydney girl from Bankstown.
If you don't have an ASIO file by now then you should be ashamed of yourself.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 16 Oct 2013, 17:27

Greeting Merv, being an insider i would estimate according
to your description or opening address a few of the ladies
would be thinking ear :- ear :- he's a good sort.

So in to it mate. :wink
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

MallyBoy

Post by MallyBoy » 16 Oct 2013, 18:29

grandduke wrote:Greeting Merv, being an insider i would estimate according
to your description or opening address a few of the ladies
would be thinking ear :- ear :- he's a good sort.

So in to it mate. :wink
Thanx 4 your welcome GrandDuke, but can't get into much over a computer :wink :wink :wink

MallyBoy

Post by MallyBoy » 16 Oct 2013, 18:34

Warrigal wrote:Welcome from me too Merv.
I'm one of the more recent members and it is good to see growth happening on the forum.

I'm a Sydney girl from Bankstown.
Nice to meet you Warrigal, I know Sydney fairly well having lived in Balmain for most of the eighties.

Merv.
:biggrin:

Betty
Bronze Member

Post by Betty » 16 Oct 2013, 18:42

Hello Merv, although very new here myself I would like to say welcome and hope you enjoy the forum. :biggrin:
A rose by any other name...............

MallyBoy

Post by MallyBoy » 16 Oct 2013, 18:51

MallyBoy wrote:
Maggs wrote:Hello Merv.....nice to see a new face (once you put up an Avatar) You sound well rounded with all those attributes and I am sure you can get your teeth into some of our more exciting chats and spats, not that we have too many spats. Jump in the deepend and swim along with the crowd.
Thanks Maggs, I tried putting up an avatar but it was too large & got knocked back. I will sort one out and add it shortly.
Merv. :happy-sunshine:

Have added an avatar as you suggested Maggs. :happy-sunshine:

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 16 Oct 2013, 19:03

Welcome Merv .....nice to see another male on the forum. :handgestures-thumbsupright:

In case you don't know, you can put "Northern Victoria" - or something more specific - in your profile and it will show up with your posts. Occasionally, knowing where the poster resides makes a contribution more meaningful (eg, comments on State government, roads, the weather ..... or football).
The last interglacial had less ice, higher sea levels, and warmer temperatures than this one. So, according to the evidence so far, human activity must have a COOLING effect.

Pamela

Post by Pamela » 16 Oct 2013, 19:24

:wave Welcome to the forum. :biggrin:

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 16 Oct 2013, 19:42

G'day Merv, glad to have you onboard!
With a personality and avatar like yours you won't have much trouble getting to know us.
I'm the "godfather" amongst this happy crew, just making sure that they behave like ladies and gentlemen. They need a bit of guidance from time to time, you know, sort of keep them under control. :wink
Don't let that upset you because I also carry the "violin case" if they step out of control.

Happy to have you along and hope that you'll enjoy our company. Oh, don't hesitate to ask for navigational assistance if you get lost.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

MallyBoy

Post by MallyBoy » 16 Oct 2013, 19:50

Betty wrote:Hello Merv, although very new here myself I would like to say welcome and hope you enjoy the forum. :biggrin:
Thank you for your welcome Betty. I am still finding my way around but like what I see so far. :happy-sunshine:

MallyBoy

Post by MallyBoy » 16 Oct 2013, 19:54

donander wrote:Welcome Merv .....nice to see another male on the forum. :handgestures-thumbsupright:

In case you don't know, you can put "Northern Victoria" - or something more specific - in your profile and it will show up with your posts. Occasionally, knowing where the poster resides makes a contribution more meaningful (eg, comments on State government, roads, the weather ..... or football).

Thanks Donander, I am from Mildura.
:happy-sunshine:

MallyBoy

Post by MallyBoy » 16 Oct 2013, 19:57

Pamela wrote::wave Welcome to the forum. :biggrin:
Thank you Pamela. :wave