Good Afternoon

Introduce ourselves. If you are a new member, say a few words to let us know you are now part of the Silverpeers fraternity. Our members will welcome you with warm words.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

lynny
Diamond Member

Re: Good Afternoon

Post by lynny » 17 Oct 2013, 11:17

Hello Merv ! Welcome to Silverpeers :biggrin:

MallyBoy

Post by MallyBoy » 17 Oct 2013, 11:19

terra wrote:G'day Merv.... big, warm welcome to you. You mentioned being a part of the Balmain set in the 80's. Neville Wrann once said that, "Balmain boys don't cry"..... so true, we were a tough lot.
:character-oldtimer:
Much of my youth, 1944 to 1977 was spent in the Leichhardt, Rozelle & Balmain area. I remember riding the tram many times to Darling Street Wharf as a 10 year old, to go fishing for Bream and Leatherjacket.

You'll enjoy this mob here, good blokes but those sheilas can be a bit pesky at times.

cheers mate ! Image
I suppose that all that chocolate down your shirt would save you from using a deodorant during mid summer. think-smiley doh

Thank you for your warm welcome.

:happy-sunshine: :happy-sunshine:

MallyBoy

Post by MallyBoy » 17 Oct 2013, 11:21

lynny wrote:Hello Merv ! Welcome to Silverpeers :biggrin:
Thank you Lynny from the Apple Isle.

:happy-sunshine: :happy-sunshine: :happy-sunshine:

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Post by terra » 17 Oct 2013, 11:26

MallyBoy wrote:
terra wrote:G'day Merv.... big, warm welcome to you. You mentioned being a part of the Balmain set in the 80's. Neville Wrann once said that, "Balmain boys don't cry"..... so true, we were a tough lot.
:character-oldtimer:
Much of my youth, 1944 to 1977 was spent in the Leichhardt, Rozelle & Balmain area. I remember riding the tram many times to Darling Street Wharf as a 10 year old, to go fishing for Bream and Leatherjacket.

You'll enjoy this mob here, good blokes but those sheilas can be a bit pesky at times.

cheers mate ! Image
I suppose that all that chocolate down your shirt would save you from using a deodorant during mid summer. think-smiley doh

Thank you for your warm welcome.

Yeah Merv.... I must admit that on a hot day after cycling furiously with a few pound of choccies down our shirts, there would be some kind of "melt-down".

:text-thankyou:

:happy-sunshine: :happy-sunshine:[/quote]
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

Lauren

Post by Lauren » 19 Oct 2013, 21:03

:heeheehee Terra what do you mean about the Sheila`s can be a bit pesky at times.. :wink !
ahhhh! we are all a happy bunch here though I haven`t been here for very long and least not able to post
due to computer problems and other things health wise but all seems to have settled down and
now hope I can pop in more often... anyway welcome Mallyboy.. what is the origin of your name?
I love Mildura having been through there and toured the city one time.. I really love Victoria for its
lush green fields and open spaces specially at Warrigul .. lovely part of the country...
I`m sure you will enjoy this forum it has something for everyone.. I am from Central Coast NSW..
middle of the coast ..I am looking forward to reading your posts and getting to know you as well..
enjoy your day..

MallyBoy

Post by MallyBoy » 23 Oct 2013, 11:32

Lauren wrote::.. anyway welcome Mallyboy.. what is the origin of your name?
I love Mildura having been through there and toured the city one time..
enjoy your day..
G'day Lauren,

My name comes from the mallee country. Along time ago I tried register a name as MalleeBoy but some one else had beaten me to it. Hence MallyBoy.
Thanx 4 the welcome. :wave

Merv.

Teddy
Diamond Member

Post by Teddy » 23 Oct 2013, 12:18

Enjoy your stay Mallyboy! :biggrin:

MallyBoy

Post by MallyBoy » 23 Oct 2013, 12:33

Teddy wrote:Enjoy your stay Mallyboy! :biggrin:
Thanx Teddy, I will do my best to.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 23 Oct 2013, 13:25

OK Merv muck in lad. :wink
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw